Meet Campus Celebrity, Hannah Kolkmeier!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Hannah Kolkmeier

Year: Junior

Major: Social Policy

Hometown: Springfield, Ill.

What do you love about being in Significant Others?

I love Sig O because it is such an easy-going, talented group of women. The majority of us are not studying vocal performance or theater but the amount of talent that Sig O has constantly blows me away. We take ourselves seriously when necesary, but are always having a good time when we rehearse or perform. Basically, I feel like Sig O is a group of women who both sing and eat snacks in impressive quantities–I’m into that.

What made you want to audition?

I auditioned for Sig O as a sophomore. I didn’t have a creative/musical outlet during freshman year and I realized how much I needed that. I’ve been singing and doing musical theater for years and it has always been a fun way of keeping me sane.

What can you tell us about Monday’s show, Sig Bros?

Sig O loves snapbacks, beer, and a good pun. So Sig Bros was born. Also, we love that our abbreviation for Significant Others is Sig O. Our parents are always confusing the name for a sorority or frat. We don’t correct them. #rushSigO

What else are you involved in on campus?

I am involved in Northwestern’s chapter of Peer Health Exchange, a really fantastic national non-profit that trains college students to teach a comprehensive health curriculum in public high schools. Next year I will serve as one of two Co-Coordinators for PHE at Northwestern. I am also involved in my sorority, Pi Beta Phi.

What do you want to do when you graduate?

Woah, scary question. I definitely want to work in education, but I’m not sure where that will take me yet. It would be great to get some classroom experience through a program like Teach for America, and then maybe go on to work in state or federal departments of education or a non-profit focused on urban education.

Olivia Bahou

Northwestern

Liv is a junior majoring in journalism at Northwestern University who hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. Her interest include fashion, Pure Barre, Chai tea lattes, professional tennis and anything related to Italy, where she studied abroad. She loves being the CC for Her Campus Northwestern and looks forward to what the future has in store!