Meet Campus Celebrity, Adrienne Walker!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

In honor of Valentine’s Day, love is in the air and our Campus Celebrity and Cutie are here to prove it. Whether you want to call them Madrienne, Adratt, or just Adrienne and Matt, learn about senior Adrienne Walker here and then check out this week’s Cutie to meet her boyfriend, Matt Mrozek.  Here’s a bit about their individual lives and supportive relationship.

Name: Adrienne Walker

Year: Senior

Hometown: Hinsdale, IL

Major: History and international studies 

Birthday: December 21, 1991

HC: What are you involved in on campus? Adrienne: I just finished up my time as the president of my sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. I’m on the Northwestern & Community Relations committee for DM, and I’m involved in Young Life.

HC: How do you balance work, play and extracurriculars? Adrienne: I try to prioritize and make sure the necessary things are happening. And I try to keep some perspective. What will I remember in years to come about my college experience?

HC: Favorite Northwestern memory?Adrienne: After an orgo final, my pledge husband brought me chocolate chip cookies and played guitar for me on the Lakefill. This Northwestern memory has everything: academic relief, friends who love and support you, live music, the lakefill and chocolate.

HC: How do you feel about being half of a campus power couple?Adrienne: (Laughing) We’re definitely not a campus power couple! We love NU and we do what we can to give back to the communities we’re in, but there are so many people who give so much more to this school and we’re so thankful for them.

HC: How did you meet your significant other?Adrienne: Well, we actually went to the same high school, but we weren’t friends. We ended up talking for a while at a party in the spring of freshman year here at NU, and we became best friends over the next year. Winter quarter sophomore year, Matt and I went to church together and I ended up having an allergic reaction to the communion. The next day, I brought him brownies as a thank you, and he asked me if I wanted to be more than friends! I wouldn’t normally recommend having an allergic reaction to get a boyfriend, but it worked for me!

HC: How do you make a relationship work in the busy Northwestern environment? Adrienne: I’m a big believer in the idea that if something matters to you, you’ll find time for it. Even at our busiest, we’ll try to study together or talk on the phone for 15 minutes before bed.

HC: Do you have any particular Valentine’s Day plans?Adrienne: Matt was supposed to be in Boston this weekend and he only just found out he isn’t going anymore, so we have nothing planned! There’s a decent chance that we’ll end up eating Easy Mac and watching Modern Family and I’m way too excited about that!