Meet Campus Celeb: Caroline Reedy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Caroline Reedy
Year: Senior
Major: RTVF // Creative Writing Minor
Hometown: Winnetka, IL

What student groups are you a part of on campus?
Titanic (Long form improv), Mee-ow, Griffin’s Tale, Northwestern Sketch Television (NSTV), Kappa Alpha Theta.

How long have you been doing improv?
Since about sophomore year of high school. 

Was there a specific moment that solidified your aspirations of being a part of improv groups on campus?
The moment I knew I would audition for Titanic came when I didn’t get into any acapella groups haha. I figured I needed some sort of extracurricular activity, and improv was something I was familiar with. So, I decided to try it out, and by some fluke I made it. From there I learned more about all the other groups on campus that I wanted to be a part of.

What is your favorite pre-performance meal?
White wine (and Olive Mountain Grill).

Do you have any rituals that you must do before stepping on stage?
Not particularly! I hug the people in my Titanic team before we go out, but usually it’s just like “huh i wonder whats gonna happen tonight.”

Do you have an arsenal of “go to” characters/names for your improv games?
Oh, how I wish I did! It would make things easier. I’m not too good at having those kind of things in my back pocket, so names often come out as something like “tomothy” in the moment.

What is your favorite college memory?
Hmm this is a hard one. My friend is an amazing cook and for some reason she decides to spoil all her friends sometimes and cook for us. Those nights when we have big homemade family dinners at her apartment are some of my favorites. She makes a fabulous berry crumble – s/o to Justine.

What will you miss most about Northwestern?
The fact that all my best friends are, at the furthest, a ten minute walk from me. That’s something I’ll probably never have again, and it’s a blessing I know I take for granted. 

Any final thoughts or messages to Her Campus readers?
The most cliche: enjoy college – it is over so so quick. 

Michelle is freshman in the Medill School of Journalism, Media, and IMC at Northwestern University. Michelle is originally from Menlo Park, CA--about forty minutes away from San Francisco and forty seconds away from Facebook HQ. When she is not writing for HerCampus, she can be found dancing. In fact, she's always dancing.