Meet ASOS Brand Ambassador Rachel Sachs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Rachel Sachs

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Year: Junior

Major: Sociology, IMC Certificate

How did you get the position as ASOS brand ambassador?I got an email describing the program and I decided to apply on a whim. I’ve always been a big ASOS fan, but didn’t know if I was what they were looking for in a brand ambassador. After doing some research on Youth Marketing Connections, the company that runs the campus brand ambassador program for ASOS, I found that the program was right up my ally! I love doing brand awareness marketing via social media and other campus events, so I was excited about the opportunity to do that for ASOS.

What kind of things do you do for ASOS on campus? Honestly, what I do as an ASOS Brand Ambassador doesn’t feel like work at all and that’s why I love doing it so much! They send me a bunch of fun promotional items and it’s my job to give them out and promote the brand through Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts.

What has been the most rewarding or exciting part as ASOS representative?I love being able to introduce ASOS to NU kids who have never heard of it before. It’s a great website for students especially because we always get 10% off and shipping returns is super easy.

How was the event held on March 12th at Kappa Kappa Gamma?The Spring Break On Campus event I did at Kappa went really well! I gave away a bunch of items perfect for spring break like sunglasses, beach totes, and travel-size toiletries. I also raffled off some other ASOS items like crop tops, hats, and necklaces that were a huge hit.

What are your future career prospects? I would love to go into the marketing industry. I’ve always been interested in fashion, so if I could combine my love of fashion and marketing together, that would be the perfect job.