This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

I love makeup. I find it fun to put together looks for events. I love finding products that help me achieve the looks that I like to wear and adding new things to my regimen. What I don’t love, though, is spending a ton of money on products. Unless it’s something super special, I try not to buy products that are more than $30. After testing and trying a bunch of different products, I’ve finally found some that I love and use regularly that also fall within my preferred price range!

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – $13 at Sephora

Call me basic, but this mascara is hands-down my favorite of all time. I love the brush shape and the formula. It always makes my lashes look super defined and has become one of the products I use the most in my makeup routine.

Wet n’ Wild “The New 40” Palette – $20

Not to be a shady sister, but this palette ROCKS. I’m so in love with the colors and have been experimenting with new color combos for my eyeshadow looks. It’s got you covered for both day and night looks! I love the pigmentation of the colors and the different sparkly and matte options it has. What you get for this price point is amazing!

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer – $18 at Sephora

I don’t know about you, but I’m super picky about my lip products! If I don’t feel comfortable in it, you won’t catch me wearing it. I don’t like products that make my lips feel too matte or, on the other end of the spectrum, too sticky. I also tend to reach for something less bold and more subtle. This is the perfect product if you’re looking for just a little something extra to tie everything together!

Glossier Haloscope – $22

I love highlighting the focal points of my face! When picking a good highlighter, I always think about the best formula for application and the tone so that it blends well into my skin. I love the Glossier Haloscope because it has a moisturizer core which adds a dewy effect to the areas I’m highlighting.

Benefit Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel – $24

Brows are a super important part of my personal makeup routine. No matter what kind of look I’m going for, I always use some product for my brows. I love this brow gel because it keeps my brows in place and makes them look more filled in. It’s super easy to use which makes it great for low maintenance looks as well!

No matter your budget preferences, finding products that you love is super exciting and fun! These products have helped me create looks I love without costing an arm and a leg.

Harlym Pike

Northwestern '22

Harlym Pike is a senior from Charlotte, North Carolina studying psychology, sociology, and theatre at Northwestern. In her free time, she loves to perform with her a cappella group, create content, and spend time with friends.