Jeremy Dalton ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Jeremy Dalton
Birthday: April 2, 1991
Major: Theatre (Musical Theatre Certificate)
Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: New York City, New York

Likes: All food (except cucumbers); zombie, action and horror movies; grape soda; strawberry and coffee ice cream (not mixed, although I once did eat a pint of one followed by a pint of the other)

Dislikes: I hate when you’re trying to make plans with someone and they say that they’re busy but then don’t offer you suggestions for an alternative time or anything. It’s so frustrating.

What are you involved with at Northwestern?

I’ve done a few shows since I got here, worked on lighting design for a few things. I was in a film but they had to cut me, unfortunately.

What kind of qualities do you look for in a prospective partner?

Well I’m currently kind of focusing on schoolwork – I’m not one of those naturally A plus students, I find schoolwork pretty hard. But when I am looking I want someone who I can easily spend time with – and no drama. As long as someone genuinely wants to spend time with me, chances are I’ll genuinely want to spend time with them too.

What’s your favorite place you’ve ever been to?

Yellowstone National Park. It’s just beautiful scenery, and living in New York City, I find it interesting going places where it’s just all wilderness, nothing else.

So as an actor, and someone who seems pretty into movies, what would you say are your favorites?

The movies I love are essentially either the gory action movies or the really beautiful ones that would get nominated for like best cinematography. I love everything done by Quentin Tarantino, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Quarantine, Salt…My favorite Disney movie is a tie between Fox and the Hound and Hercules.

Where would you ideally like to end up in life?

I’d love to have a house in Connecticut and be able to go into New York every day to do whatever I need to do. Connecticut’s just so beautiful. But I’d also be fine with a similar set-up to that wherever I am, like if I were working in L.A. I’d want to live somewhere nice outside the city.

Any New Year’s Resolutions?

To stop biting my nails. But that’s been my resolution every year forever, so we’ll see…

Why HC Loves Jeremy Dalton:

Jeremy is one of the friendliest people you’ll every meet, always smiling and willing to sit down and grab a cup of coffee with anyone. Plus, you can frequently catch him performing in shows, including next weekend (Jan. 21st) in Balon Rouge, directed by Jeff Glass and Trina McGee and going up in the newly renovated Harris Hall. Spend an evening enjoying a great show and checking out our latest Campus Cutie!

Monica is a sophomore at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She spent her early years growing up in a small town in Minnesota, but spent the last half of her life in Seoul, South Korea where she developed a city girl love for good food finds and fashion. Journalism has been a major part of her life, but she can also be found relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching movies, and spending time with loved ones. Though she has a tough exterior, Monica is actually a romantic who loves the power of words, the importance of strength in any endeavor, and who always wears her heart on her sleeve.