This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

This season of Jane the Virgin has been filled with major changes. Jane’s life has been turned upside down with the return of Michael, as she struggles to weigh her options between the men in her life. Beyond her own changes, Petra, Rogelio and many other characters are facing significant life changes and dilemmas from family issues to work struggles.

Without a doubt, our opinions of these characters have transformed significantly over the past three episodes. Here’s how each of their stocks have changed.

Stock Up

Rafael

Who knew the biggest fans of Team Michael could finally see that Rafael isn’t so bad after all? Maybe it’s because Michael’s return has upset us all so much? Or maybe it’s because Rafael is finally being a selfless and understanding father and boyfriend. Either way, when he told Jane to take her time and that he was there for her, I know your heart melted because mine sure did. You finally did it, Raf.

Alba

Alba has been one of those characters that we have appreciated since day one. While her conservative expectations are often a point of conflict, they have driven the show throughout. This season, though, we have seen her stray from her traditional ways. A few episodes back, when Jane expressed her desire to divorce Michael, she feared what Alba would say, but in the end, Alba understood. For the first time, she isn’t allowing her beliefs to blind her of what may actually be right.

Xiomara

Xo has always had a special place in our heart. She has always been the “cool mom” and has the best advice. She has endured so much in her life, including cancer. Somehow, she made us love her even more this season. She has been everyone’s rock throughout the early few episodes of this season. She has supported Jane through all her life changes, Rafael through all his fears and Rogelio through his work issues. Xo is the mom of the show and the ultimate supporter.

Rogelio

While Rogelio started off the season being even more selfish than normal, he earned back our respect in the most recent episode. While he and River Fields have been constantly fighting over petty issues, for once, they are talking about something important: the issues of gender and race in the workplace and the wage gap. Rogelio nobly discusses the difficulty of trying to impress a nation that will never respect him. While normally, his complaints are petty, this time he is right and deserves respect.

Stock Down

Michael (or should I say Jason)

I don’t think I even need to justify why Jason is the worst. He is rude, cold and aggressive. He treats women terribly. And worst of all, he treats Jane terribly. He singlehandedly puts Jane in the worst possible position with barely any other choice. We all want him gone, and there’s no debate.

The Kids

Mateo and the girls have been absent for the majority of the early episodes. It wasn’t until this past week that they were reintroduced into the plot. Clearly, they are going through their bratty years and causing more drama in a family already filled with it.

After this week’s episode, Petra and Jane are both neutral.