This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Chicago winters are, simply put, brutal. Regardless of how many you have experienced, each one seems to feel colder than the last. And this year in particular, with highs in the negatives, it most definitely is colder than the last. I think we can all agree that this winter is going to be tough.

To ease our nerves about this upcoming tundra, I think it is important that we focus on some of the positive things about Chicago’s winter, like the indoor activities available to us. If you are looking for something to do on a cold winter day, try some of these activities.

Image Courtesy of GIPHY

Explore the Garfield Park Conservatory:

Best way to avoid the winter blues? Pretend it is still summer. The Garfield Park Conservatory is the perfect way to spend some time outdoors, while still avoiding the cold. They are constantly hosting different events, and I highly recommend checking some of them out.

Rock out at a local concert:

With artists from Elton John all the way to Travis Scott, there is a concert for everyone going on in Chicago this month. To start, check out Time Out’s February schedule of concerts. Believe me, dancing to your favorite artist will definitely help you warm up this weekend.

Try a different type of workout:

Your regular workout routine can seem a little less desirable when your walk to the gym could be in subzero temperatures. To motivate yourself to workout, try rock climbing at sites like this one, or even a trampoline park. Get fit and have fun while doing it.

Treat yourself and head to a spa:

Just because you have to wear layers on layers to make it through the Chicago winters doesn’t mean you should neglect your skin and healthcare needs. It may seem silly, but a facial or a massage in the dead of winter may be the pick-me-up you need to make it to spring.

Whatever it is you decide to do, definitely get out and do something. Cozying up by the fireplace and watching endless movies can be tempting when it is snowing outside, but we live in too amazing of a place to sit around and let these indoor activities pass you by.