neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Guide to your First Dillo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Ahh Dillo, easily one of the best days at Northwestern! If you are a freshman, or this is your first Dillo, you are probably excited, a bit nervous and a little unsure as to what to expect. As a sophomore, I only have one Dillo under my belt, but there are still plenty of things I wish I knew before going into it. In order to make it live up to the hype, there are definitely a few things that you need to know before you experience the madness/greatness/amazingness that is DILLO DAY!

1) It’s a marathon, not a sprint!

Parties will start early, so you will more than likely wake up earlier than you have before all year. I personally woke up at 6:30 a.m. last year just to get ready for the day. But trust me, it is a LONG day. You want to make sure you pace yourself throughout the day so that you aren’t too tired to the point where you miss Miguel!

2) Actually go to Dillo

With my last point in mind, make sure that you actually make it to Dillo! The point of the day is to go to see the amazing lineup, so don’t get too caught up in the parties to the point where you aren’t able to drag yourself to the lake fill. (Disclaimer: that GIF isn’t actually from Dillo so don’t get your hopes up)

3) Don’t stay in one place!

Last year I only stayed at one party, but I wish I hadn’t. There are so many different places to be on Dillo, so venture around! Switch up locations a little bit; you can always go back since it is such a long day!

4) HYDRATE!!!

Make sure you are drinking water all day! Last year, I carried around a large water bottle/jug sort of thing. People thought it was funny and it was a fun accessory to my outfit. Given how long the day is, it is definitely important that you are filling your body with as much water as possible.

5) Be safe and make the day memorable!

This is one of the best days of the year at Northwestern, so have the time of your life, but most importantly, be safe! Make sure you are taking care of yourself and your friends above everything else.

YAY FOR DILLO!