Gossip Girl: Where are They Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

You may know him as….

Well, this Tuesday, the 27th, Ed Westwick (i.e. Mr. Bass) is staring in the new ABC show “Wicked City.” The show will revolve around Kent (Westwick) who is a serial killer preying on unsuspecting women… ya know, the usual. It will also star Erika Christensen as the Bonnie to Westwick’s Clyde and “American Horror Story”’s Taissa Farmiga as an aspiring journalist (#twinning).

So, even though it has been almost three years since once of the best shows of the decade ended, we are taking a look at where the other actors from Gossip Girl are now!

Gossip Girl: Kristen Bell

Did the voice of Gossip Girl ever sound familiar? Especially after a little Disney flick called “Frozen” came out? Well, now you know why. Since being the infamous voice of Gossip Girl, the faceless “villain” that spread rumors and outed the characters’ deepest secrets, Kristen Bell has done some rom-coms like “You Again” and “When in Rome.” She also was the Sarah Marshall in “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and a performer in “Burlesque.” You may also know her as the all-too-well known voice of Princess Anna in “Frozen.” As if that wasn’t enough, she’s currently working on a comedy with Mila Kunis and Christina Applegate about three stressed moms.

Jenny Humphrey: Taylor Momsen

This may be one of the most hated characters on “Gossip Girl” (mostly for her downward spiral and aspiration to hurt everyone she knew just to be the next queen bee). Momsen actually left the show after season four and came back for a few episodes in season six. Since her last appearance, Momsen has been focusing on her music career. Her grunge-rock band, The Pretty Reckless, sings about sex, drugs and hell. Definitely a good band to rock out to if you like 90’s punk rock.

Dan Humphrey: Penn Badgley

Good ‘ole Lonely Boy is still doing the acting thing, although he also got into the music scene. His band, MOTHXR, has four singles on iTunes. He also starred in “Cymbeline,”  a modern take on a Shakespeare play.

Georgina Sparks: Michelle Trachtenberg

Although Trachtenberg did movies before, during and after being the resident bad girl on “Gossip Girl,” she has continued to appear on countless TV shows. She was on “Criminal Minds, NCIS: Los Angeles” and “Sleepy Hollow.” Trachtenberg’s twitter is such a fun place to be– she is constantly having “Buffy” and “Gossip Girl” reunions and hanging out with her celeb BFFs Matt McGorry and Kate Beckinsale.

Nate Archibald: Chace Crawford

Crawford is still a lady-killer. He is also staring on a new ABC show, called “Blood & Oil.” It’s a drama, with a soap opera feel, and it came out in September. It follows a young couple (that’s Crawford and Rebecca Rittenhouse’s characters) that move to North Dakota to follow the huge oil industry broom. Crawford also was on the 100th episode of “Glee,” playing Quinn’s (Diana Agron) current boyfriend (think a horrible combo of Nate and Chuck).

Blair Waldorf: Leighton Meester

Former Queen B is living it up with her husband Adam Brody. They just had a baby girl in August, named Arlo Day Brody, which they kept from the public for two months! Career wise, Meester has starred in multiple Indie films, as well as the Adam Sandler/Andy Sandberg comedy “That’s My Boy,” but nothing really on TV. In October 2014, she released her debut album “Heartstrings,” which can be classified as alternative/folk. It reached number 139 on the Billboard 200. She was also on Broadway, in the theater production of “Of Mice and Men,” playing Curley’s wife. We also love that she’s been vocal about her feminism, even writing an op-ed for Huffington Post called “I’m Not a Tart: The Feminist Subtext of Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men” (it’s really good! Read it!).

Serena van der Woodsen: Blake Lively

Lively has constantly stayed in the spotlight since the show ended. She has had major parts in “Savages” and “The Age of Adaline.” But mostly because of her awesomely funny presence on Instagram, constantly posting updates on her life and funny “Gossip Girl” memes. She is currently married to Ryan Reynolds and they had a baby girl, James, in December of 2014. Rumor has it that the third installment of “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” is in the works, so fingers crossed that Lively reprises her role as Bridget in the future!

Chuck Bass: Ed Westwick

And so we come full circle back to Westwick. Since the final “Gossip Girl” episode, he has been in a few movies, playing Tybalt in the 2013 version of “Romeo and Juliet.” He hasn’t really starred in TV shows since, so maybe this will be a turning point in Westwick’s career.

I know you loved it, XOXO, Gossip Girl.

I had to. 

Alani Vargas

Northwestern

Alani is a native to Chicago with a passion for women's rights, journalism and coffee. She is a senior at Northwestern, majoring in journalism at Medill. She's on the magazine track and studied in Florence last fall, advancing her second major in history. Alani has written for Her Campus national and her Northwestern chapter since freshman year and is now the Editor-in-Chief and CC for her chapter. She's also currently a freelancer for Elite Daily When Alani isn't working, binge watching Supergirl, Buffy or the billion other shows she keeps up with, she enjoys music and geeking out over Star Wars or anything Marvel. Follow Alani on twitter and instagram at @alanimv!