Style > Beauty

Good Things Come in Orange Packages- Reviewing Sweet Chef Skincare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Sweet Chef is an incredible vegan and cruelty free skincare brand that embraces natural ingredients and natural beauty. I have been using Sweet Chef’s Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser for one week and I am obsessed! The packaging for the Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser is darling, leaning into the theme of the product’s ingredients (carrots)!  The little carrots on the front of the bottle are adorable. In addition, both the box and bottle are recyclable! I also love the pump style at the top of the bottle-it makes it easy to portion out your product. I love how foamy the cleanser is and it lathers nicely on the skin. The foam is so fun! 

I used the cleanser in combination with my normal skincare routine. I think adding Sweet Chef’s cleanser into my routine was truly beneficial for my skin. I have acne-prone skin with a lot of scarring and I think the cleanser really helped to subdue any emerging pimples. Plus it makes your skincare routine enjoyable! The packaging is so bright and happy, I was excited to massage the suds into my skin. 

Becoming confident with my skin has not been an easy journey, and I sometimes still struggle to find confidence when I am breaking out or when my scars are prominent. Sweet Chef’s initiative to embrace natural ingredients and promote sustainability is not only healthy for the environment, but for skin as well. I can feel confident about the ingredients I am putting on my skin, and as a result, feel confident about my skin! Sweet Chef’s mission to be cruelty free, vegan, and carbon neutral is really exciting for the skincare industry. I will definitely continue to implement the Carrot Ginger + Salicylic Acid Pore Cleanser and I am excited to check out more of Sweet Chef’s products! 

Evelyn was gifted this product by Sweet Chef through the #HCMxSweetChef collab #ad

Evelyn Mulchrone

Northwestern '25

Evelyn is a journalism major and theatre minor at Northwestern University from Chicago’s South Loop. She loves going out to restaurants, taking spin classes, reading novels and indulging in her sweet tooth. When she is not busy with schoolwork and HerCampus, you can find her going for a lakeside walk, performing in a musical, reading, or spending time de-stressing with her sorority sisters!