Stuck inside from the blizzard? Putting off studying for an exam? Check out these websites if you’re dying to find a new place to find the latest fashion. Get out those credit cards and spend, because there’s no better way to spend your time!
This website is the Madonna of the fashion world. It’s so perfect that I can say I will never love another website more in my entire life. First off, if you are a serious shopper as I am, this is the place to have your wish list. They put up new clothing Monday through Friday, and registered members can add any item possible to a never-ending wish list. If you are searching for a certain occasion and want to look over a few items to choose between, you can click on the heart next to the item and those items will link to a specific page. My Designers lets the shopper personalize their experience and limits clothing shown to only designers picked from the list of 456 brands available. The Lookbooks are the most impressive part of the website. This section has slideshows of the trends of the season to the editors’ picks of their ultimate closet. The models are flawless, the stylish outfits are flawless, and the variety of selection of clothes from this website is flawless. As Rachel Zoe would say, “I die.”
- FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS
- Quick Delivery – usually arrives the day after it ships
- New Clothing Daily
- Great Sales
- This website sells out quickly. Do not wait to purchase an item if you really love it, because this stuff can sell out within a morning. Also, if the last item of a particular piece is put into someone’s cart, that item will not be available for an hour for anyone, even if the unknown person decides not to buy it.
- Their designer boutique is known for items that are not in the price range of the average shopper. Keep this in mind if you’re shopping in that section.
- I actually bought two items this week, because I am an impulsive shopper. Both arrived today, and both are just as beautiful as they are displayed on the website. The Joie Addison Blouse (http://www.shopbop.com/addison-blouse-joie/vp/v=1/845524441890476.htm?folderID=2534374302023777&fm=browse-brand-shopbysize-viewall) is lacy and perfect for a day out around Chicago, and the House of Harlow 1960 Horseshoe Necklace (http://www.shopbop.com/horseshoe-necklace-house-harlow-1960/vp/v=1/845524441859841.htm?fm=search-viewall-shopbysize) is a perfect addition for a simple top. I am a fan of both brands, so if you haven’t checked them out, you need to.
This is the website of the celebrities. It is known for its unique way of selling clothing by showing pictures of celebrities wearing the item from paparazzi shots. You can browse the website by category, designer, or celebrity. Some of the popular celebrities showcased on this website include the Kardashian sisters, Vanessa Hudgens, and Audrina Patridge. They also display clothing from popular brands such as Alice + Olivia or Blu Moon on models.
- Celebrity Appeal
- Quick Delivery – within two to three days
- Overall, every item is hand picked to be the best available. There are less random items than other sites.
- Preorder Option
- The site gets less clothing in daily, and sometimes only one or two things are added daily. There is also a smaller inventory for each item, so things sell out of a particular size faster than bigger boutiques.
- There are shipping costs, and returns are not free. Also, the returns are only reimbursed for credit for a future purchase.
- I am obsessed with the Pleasure Doing Business Metallic Sweetheart Dress (http://www.singer22.com/13d2.html) that I ordered over Christmas break. In fact, I loved it so much that I preordered it, and it just started shipping a week ago. This is a one-of-a-kind dress, but the line is notorious for their amazing skirts that fit like a glove. I also ordered the Joie Liza Top (http://www.singer22.com/355-21862.html), and I think tops with daring backs are a new form of sexiness that designers are really starting to showcase.
RENT THE RUNWAY –
Started by two women at Harvard Business School, this unique website brings this season’s clothing by famous designers available at 10% the retail price to rent. You have to be a member to be a part of this website, so sign up to get access to all this exclusive clothing. Simply put in the date you need it, your size, and the location to find what’s available for you. Jewelry is also available to rent! They even send you a backup size one size smaller or larger just in case, and an additional dress at the same time is only $25. I’ve never used this site because I haven’t had a fancy event where I didn’t find an excuse to buy a dress, but I am dying to rent a dress and jewelry for a formal in the spring. This is the website where ever girl’s fantasy designer dreams come true.
- The prices are unbelievable for dresses that would be way out of my price range typically.
- They are easy to rent with, and if you use this website, you will never wear the same dress twice!
- They dry clean the dresses for you.
- You can’t tell how the dress will fit on you before it comes in the mail, so don’t depend on it for an event.
- You have to return the dress immediately on the day after the event.
- I would kill to wear anything by Hérve Léger, but this Heartbreaker Dress (http://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/hervéléger_dresses/heartbreakerdress) is perfect for a sexy Valentine’s Day party. I also love this Milly’s Like Honey Dress (http://www.renttherunway.com/shop/designers/milly_dresses/honeydress) for a fancy dinner or banquet.
- If you join, refer me! http://www.renttherunway.com/referral/daniellev23
The OutNet -
For designer fashion at an outlet price, this is the website for you. This website likes to stay under the radar, but it deserves to be mentioned as a top site for fashionistas worldwide. As part of the Net-a-Porter group, The OutNet offers designer clothing around 50-70% off for most items. The best part of the website is the “Dress Me” section that pairs different discounted items, such as a dress and shoes, together for specific events ranging from a first date to a weekend in the city. For girls that love sales, every day is a sale at The OutNet.
- The prices are unbelievably low!
- They bring you discount designer to keep, not just to rent.
- They have a broad range of over 200 designer brands to choose from.
- You can return the clothing, with the exception of sales (above the typical discount),
- The selection is limited for specific sizes, and the items can still be expensive regardless.
- I’m obsessed with the Classic leather biker jacket by Sara Berman (http://www.theoutnet.com/product/202336), and I would recommend Melissa Odabash’s Marcela tie-front bikini (http://www.theoutnet.com/product/207328) for a possible Spring Break bikini. With the bow on top, any girl wearing this is bound to catch a boy’s eye on the beach.