Evanston Exhale is the Barre of Your Fitness Dreams

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

If you’re a workout fanatic, you might already know that barre has become one of the most popular exercise routines of 2017. Founded in 2003, Evanston Exhale barre and yoga spa — conveniently located a 10-minute walk from campus on Maple/Emerson — is the perfect spot for you to try out the barre routine for yourself (and maybe even follow through on that traditional New Year’s resolution).

With some upbeat background music for inspiration, barre classes incorporate typical ballerina-inspired moves with a variety of exercises — including squats, push-ups, planks, and more — to workout every part of your body. From exercises on and off a mat to using the barre itself, these barre classes tone your arms and legs while building your abs and lifting your butt. What more could you ask for? And the best part is that every class is led by an experienced instructor whose goal is to get you looking and feeling your best.

Tips for an Amazing Class

• Reserve your spot at least a week in advance! Classes fill up quick, so don’t miss out.

• For barre classes, be sure to wear socks (preferably with grip) to make your barre experience flow as smoothly as possible. With every workout different than the last, you’ll never know what your next activity might be!

• Arrive on time to avoid missing out on a super fun workout experience. It might only be an hour, but it’s totally worth it for all the cool workout tips and tricks you’ll learn — and for the awesome results.

• Bring a friend! Barre is a unique experience that’s way more fun than a regular workout, so why not share that experience with a friend? Two is better than one after all!

In addition to core fusion barre training, Exhale seeks to cater to your overall well-being by offering:

• Core fusion barre + cardio classes

• Core fusion barre extreme classes

• Cycling classes

• Cardio classes

• Yoga classes

• Massages, facials, and the entire spa treatment

From a full-body workout to a relaxing spa experience, Exhale offers it all. Be sure to bring your wildcard for a special student discount and be sure to check out the Exhale schedule to sign up for a class! Even if you don’t consider yourself a ballerina, it could be the next step to becoming the strongest, healthiest, and best version of yourself yet.

Photos courtesy of Exhale Evanston or Alani Vargas (taken at the Her Campus event hosted by Exhale)