timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Episode Two of HC NU’s Podcast “We Been Knew,” All About TV Pilots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Thanks for tuning into our second episode of “We Been Knew,” hosted by Alani Vargas and Ariana Brockington.

This week, we focused our “Blind Episode” segment on pilots! We each chose our favorite show (or one of them) and had the other one watch it. Again, without context or any background about the show. Ariana’s challenge: Supergirl. Alani’s challenge: This Is Us. Will Alani welcome Ariana into the Supergirl fandom? Hear what they had to say (time markers are below)!

For the “Top Tweet of the Week,” they discuss Diplo’s Rolling Stone interview where he talks about Post Malone and Taylor Swift. Odd pair, but you’ll see why soon.

Make sure to tune in on Mondays and follow us on Twitter, @alanimv or @Real_Ariana_S (let us know what we should talk about and what you want to hear).

To skip around (because, yes, we know it’s long):

Supergirl – 1:20

This Is Us – 17:15

Top Tweet of the Week: 25:40

Alani Vargas

Northwestern

Alani is a native to Chicago with a passion for women's rights, journalism and coffee. She is a senior at Northwestern, majoring in journalism at Medill. She's on the magazine track and studied in Florence last fall, advancing her second major in history. Alani has written for Her Campus national and her Northwestern chapter since freshman year and is now the Editor-in-Chief and CC for her chapter. She's also currently a freelancer for Elite Daily When Alani isn't working, binge watching Supergirl, Buffy or the billion other shows she keeps up with, she enjoys music and geeking out over Star Wars or anything Marvel. Follow Alani on twitter and instagram at @alanimv!
  Ariana is a Los Angeles native who is obsessed with fashion, celebrities, music, and food. She is a journalism student in Medill at Northwestern University who enjoys reading fashion and entertainment blogs and magazines. Ariana's favorite things to do are travel, explore Los Angeles, discover new music groups, and of course watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Ariana loves writing and sharing her experiences with you and hopes you enjoy reading her stories.