Dillo Day Tribal Nail Art Tutorial

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.
Hello ladies! Want to try some fun nail art for Dillo Day that will have all your friends asking where you got them done? Here’s a picture tutorial on how to recreate the tribal nails I made above! Feel free to change up the colors and practice this look before the day of!

1. Paint nails with a neutral base color, here I used OPI Skull & Glossbones.
2. Block the black aztec temple shape as shown in picture one. I used acrylic pain just because it is easier to manipulate into a more complicated shape, but any black polish will do! 
3. Next block in your first color in the shape of an upside-down ‘V’ with a thin brush. Here I used a beautiful cauliflower blue creme Essie Avenue Maintain.
4. Then take a white polish, or like I did in this case a white striping polish, and line the inside of the blue trying to make both sides of the blue even.
5. Take an orange polish (or any pop color, I love using complimentary colors), I used Essie Saturday Disco Fever, and continue to follow the white ‘V’ shape. 
6. The final color added to the ‘V’ should be in the same color family as the first color, so I used Essie Mint Candy Apple to fill the rest of the black area within the ‘V’.
7. Last but not least I went back in with a mechanical pencil and nail art brush to add some black detailing to pull the look together and sealed it with my favorite top coat.

Don’t be frustrated if this doesnt come out perfectly on every nail–even I made mistakes! This is just a fun idea to try out that would match almost any outfit you could conjure up for Dillo Day.