Dillo Day Lineup 2018: Daniel Caesar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

​This article is a part of Her Campus Northwestern’s Dillo Day Week – a week full of themed content on everything related to Northwestern’s Dillo Day music festival happening this Saturday, June 2. 

Mayfest is always able to bring in a lot of talent for Dillo Day, and this year is no exception; the Postmates Main Stage is starting the day at 12:30 p.m. with Wop St. Bass Ritual and ending the day at 9:15 p.m. with Young the Giant. There are a lot of amazing acts in between, but one of the most interesting performers is definitely Daniel Caesar. Caesar is a R&B and soul singer-songwriter. His songs are a bit slower, but he is really well-known and will definitely be able to hype up the crowd. 

Caesar’s first album, Freudian, was released on Aug. 25 of this year and it reached No. 1 on the iTunes charts after its debut. One of the album’s most popular songs, “Get You” (Feat. Kali Uchis) recently hit Gold in both the U.S. and Canada. Before his album, in 2014, he released “Praise Break,” an extended play that was ranked in Rolling Stone’s “20 Best R&B Albums of 2014.” Even though he is just at the beginning of his career, Caesar has already been heavily recognized.

Dillo Day’s website describes Caesar as having a “raw talent and an unwavering mystic,” and he definitely has the whole campus excited for one of the best days of the year. Whether you know Daniel Caesar or not, Dillo Day is sure to be an amazing way to enjoy the end of the school year, so throw on some sunscreen and go out to the Lakefill to enjoy!

Image Courtesy of Creative Commons