Celeb Style On A Collegiette™ Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Look For Less: Celebrity Edition
Celebrities are a great source for fashion inspiration, but heir price ranges are uausally a bit out of reach for the average college student. Here is a  breakdown of some of the best outfits worn by fashionable celebrities with outfit suggestions that would fit your college budget!

Jessica Alba

Jessica’s easy weekend look is full of trendy pieces mixed with very neutral classics that balance the whole outfit. Incorporating animal print in both her scarf and bag she adds some punch to an otherwise basic outfit. With some basic pieces like skinny jeans and a striped tee, it becomes very easy to remake this outfit with items already in your closet.

Scarf, Beanie, Sunglasses, Bag, Booties, Jeans, Sweater, Cuff, Bangles
A long and lean silhouette is the base of this look since there is so much color in other parts of the outfit. A pair of basic black denim skinnies paired with a pair of edgy chunky booties are complementedwith a downtown-chic black beanie and comfy striped pullover. As a plus, this snakeskin purse shows Northwestern pride with hints of purple. Add a leopard scarf and finish off with a handful of bracelets and a pair of circle sunglasses for a feminine touch to this stylish weekend outfit.

Olivia Palermo

Olivia always manages to look elegant and put-together to go with her Upper East Side breeding. Her stylish outfit can be pieced together at a much more affordable price though. With HC’s affordable picks inspired by this New York elite, any girl can look like she walked out of the Gossip Girl set.

Blazer, Pants, Ring, Flats, Sweater, Bag
Olivia’s striped blazer is the focus of the outfit, so the other elements are kept neutral in color and shape. To emulate the gold buttons on her jacket, try looking for a pack of charming gold buttons from a craft store. Sew on the buttons to the blazer and ta-da—a designer piece! A simple beige sweater with a pair of skin-tight black pants will finish off the outfit. A chocolate brown carryall bag is perfect for fitting in all your essentials for school. The bow detailing on the flats are similar to that on Olivia’s heels, but opting for flats will be far less painful as you hurry around your day.

Reese Witherspoon

Reese’s blouse and skirt combo shows a delightful mix of casual and elegant for running around doing errands. Paired up with clever accessories, the look is a perfect halfway point between downtown hipster and elite socialite.

Skirt, Booties, Sunglasses, Bag, Hat, Shirt

The khaki skirt provides both comfort with its casual material and style with a figure-friendly cut. The silk polka dotted blouse dresses up the outfit along with the quilted chain link cross-body purse. The grey fedora matches the skirt with a casual nod to cool as well. The outfit is completed with suede booties- its chunky heels make them a breeze for wearing through the day.

Miranda Kerr

Miranda may be famous for not wearing much for her day job as a Victoria’s Secret angel, but on her off-time, she draws our eye for a completely different reason. While running errands with her adorable son, Miranda dazzled in a beautiful blazer and skirt combo perfected with bright and punchy accessories.

Sunglasses, A-Line Skirt, Pencil Skirt, Shirt, Blazer, Flats, Bag

The cut of the skirt is the key to this outfit. You could opt for an a-line mustard skirt which is more similar to Miranda’s that gives the outfit a more laid-back feel. If the flare of the a-line is not for you, choose a pencil skirt with faux patchwork pockets as a dressier alternative. The striped top we found also has a hint of mustard to match the skirt. Finish off with a cream blazer similar to Miranda’s but opt for red flats instead of pumps for comfort.

Which celebrity look did you like the best? Which celebrity outfit would you like to see featured? Leave a comment below!

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo