Campus Cutie: Meet your Homecoming King!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Name: Demetrios Elias
Major: History and Archaeology 
Hometown: New York
Relationship Status: Forever alone

Guilty Pleasures?
Solo dance parties in my room!

Pet Peeves?
People who walk too slowly on Sheridan Road and people who wear other colleges’ spirit wear.

Future Career Goals?
Something where I can travel a lot.

How would you describe your personality?
Energetic, passionate and a little crazy!

What’s the best part of being the Homecoming King?
Being on court with 11 other amazing people was just a lot of fun, but standing on the field at halftime was unreal!

Why do you love Northwestern?
Too many reasons! I love having the school spirit; things like painting the rock or football games are so cool and make me feel part of an amazing community. I also like that we have such a diverse school; having 6 undergraduate colleges bring such passionate, eccentric and inspirational people together!

What was your most memorable moment at Northwestern?
I can’t pick one. Emceeing the Dance Marathon last year was one of the most surreal, fun experiences I’ve had in my life. Being a Peer Advisor this year for the first time was super cool! I really enjoyed getting to know the future of Northwestern! But honestly, this Homecoming was unreal. College GameDay was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done. I was lucky enough to sit in the Coke Zero bleachers, section zero! So I got to be on TV a ton, but was also able to see the huge crowds of people from above. The sea of purple was so sensational and seeing all the hilarious signs was an added bonus. The fact that we had the swim team emerge from the lake and the sailing team on the water flying NU flags just shows not only how we have such cool people and student groups on this amazing campus, but also how sprited us Wildcats really are. And seeing the student section packed and our team playing like champions made me exceptionally proud. 

Why does HC love Demetrios?
He has a ton of school spirit. His love and passion for Northwestern are evident, and we can only imagine what other amazing things he’ll do for the remainder of his time at Northwestern.