Campus Celeb: Alexis Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Last week, Her Campus Northwestern teamed up with Victoria’s Secret PINK to launch a scavenger hunt around campus for free PINK swag and promote both our brands. Of the 20 pink dogs hidden around campus, one was marked with a special purple HC tag, hidden discreetly in the Block Museum of Art. Who found it? Meet Alexis Williams, our campus celeb this week!

Name: Alexis Williams

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Indianapolis, Indiana

Major: Biology

HC: Why did you choose Northwestern and what’s your favorite part of NU?

Well, I just chose to come here because I thought it was really pretty, to be completely honest. I didn’t know much about it. My brother was like “You should look at Northwestern!” So I was like “Okay!” And I ended up really liking it, so I chose to come here. My favorite part about it so far is I just like being in Chicago really near the city. It’s really convenient, and being by the lake is always fun.

HC: How would your friends describe you in 3 words?

Probably outgoing, sarcastic and spontaneous.

HC: What do you do in your free time?

I like to paint a lot with acrylics, I like to run, I play soccer…I don’t know. I don’t really have that much free time. I want to rush for sororities, but I don’t know what else! There’s like so much to do here.

HC: If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?

I would probably go to Spain. I just really want to go to Barcelona for some reason. Something about Spain really interests me.

HC: Who inspires you?

My dad inspires me a lot. He died, and he had cancer, and so he is my motivator a lot. And my brother is always there for me.

HC: What’s your dream job?

I want to be a pediatrician, if I could do anything. I started out wanting to be a pediatrician, and then I was like “No I don’t,” and now I want to do it again. I don’t want to be a general doctor, I want to do something specific, but I don’t know what yet.

HC: If you could live in any time period, which would you live in?

I think I’d live in the ‘80s. Just because everyone was like…really chill in the ‘80s! It was just fun.

HC: Anything else we should know about you?

I love little kids, they’re like my favorite part of everything. They’re so cute. And old people! Like the spectrum. And I really like cold weather.