This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Midterms got you down? I feel you girl. But don’t worry; we are going into the homestretch. This week, celebrate the end of last week’s midterm and take a break  (I promise, it’s ok to take a break) from studying for the ones coming up this week by baking yourself some goodies! Don’t have time to go all the way into Evanston if you live North campus or want to save some cash by using your meal points? No problem. Check out these 5 ingredients that can be found at our on campus C- stores to make 5 study-break friendly treats!

The Ingredients:

1. Candy Bar: Something you can always count on the C-Stores to have is Candy. These can be a great treat for after a bad test or to bake into your newest creation!

2. Cereal: Always a wise investment. It’s a great 5-minute breakfast, on the go dry snack, or something to throw into your creations for an extra crunch.

3. Yogurt: This has always been my favorite C-Store item. It’s healthy but also a great tasting snack.

4. Fruit: The fruit selection in the C-Stores isn’t the best, but most places have apples and bananas which are great options to bring to class or add to your deserts….that makes them healthy, right?

5. Peanut Butter: If you’re like me, you could eat PB off a spoon. But in reasonable doses it’s a great source of protein and has so many uses for baking!

The Recipes:

1. Muddy Buddy Puppy Chow

Puppy chow is hands-down one of the most addicting treats you can make. Using some Chex cereal, melted chocolate bars instead of chocolate chips, and some peanut butter you can make this tasty “muddy buddy” recipe from Chex Cereal.

http://www.chex.com/recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=45860

2.  Classic Yogurt Parfait

For a healthier desert try a yogurt parfait! Switch up your classic yogurt dessert and buy some solo cups at the C-Store (don’t worry you’ll use the rest later) so you have plenty of room to layer your creation. Use some crushed up cereal, granola, or cut up bananas that you can get at the C-Store and to make a quick and easy snack. This one’s a classic but it’s something a little different then your classic Yoplait cup.

3. Fancy Rice Krispy Treats

Pick up some Rice Krispy cereal at the C-Store or make this recipe on top of packaged Rice Krispy treats! Using some chocolate pieces, walnuts, caramel, and half and half, you can take this classic treat to the next level.

http://food52.com/recipes/21660-rice-krispie-treats-with-chocolate-toasted-walnuts-and-salted-caramel

4. “Bluth’s Banana Stand” Chocolate Covered Banana

Arrested Development anyone? Make this treat with bananas from the C-store and melted down chocolate. It’s so easy! And you can even sprinkle some granola or nuts over the chocolate coating for an extra crunch.

5.  Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Pops

Dreaming of summer? Aren’t we all. There’s no rule against making summery desserts in a polar vortex! Using some plain yogurt and chopped up fruit you can make these yogurt popsicles! Search online for tons of different varieties or make some of your own!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-fruit-and-yogurt-ice-pops/