free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Best Study Spaces on Northwestern’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s so easy to get in the habit of studying in your room. I know after a long day, the library is the last place I want to go. Don’t worry, Main, Mudd and Norris are not your only options. Here are some of my favorite places to study, on and off campus, to get some quality work done.

On Campus:

Kresge:

For those of you who are southerners like me, Kresge is a great place to study. There is a little cafe at your disposal for a caffeine reboot, there are nice big tables to spread out and work, and also comfy chairs if you just want to sit back and do some reading. My favorite place is the little nook on the first floor right next to a window. It gets great natural light and provides for a cozy study space.

Kellogg Global Hub:

New Kellogg, a mystique, feels almost untouchable. This gorgeous building lends to picturesque views of the lake, a very airy environment and a great place to work. The expansive building has plenty of study spaces. Feel free to sprawl out on the cushioned stairs, at any of the tables or at the purple chairs that populate every floor. Even though it is known to be for graduate students, anyone can take advantage of Kellogg’s gorgeous spaces.

Off-Campus:

Backlot Coffee:

It feels really good to get off campus and get work done in a new environment, and Backlot is the perfect place. Backlot Coffee is on the outskirts of Evanston and is an Uber ride away, but don’t be discouraged to go. This cute hipster coffee shop is the perfect to place to grab a latte and pastry and hunker down. The shop is small, so plan accordingly, i.e. come at an obscure time or you won’t get a seat.

Unicorn Cafe:

I think Unicorn Cafe is truly underrated. They have great coffee, scones and soup. I really want to emphasize this soup. Please get the tomato soup if you go, it is delicious. Beyond the scrumptious sustenance, Unicorn is a great place to work. It is quiet and quite cozy, and there is always a place to sit. Grab some friends, your homework, buy some soup or whatever, and be prepared to crank out some top-notch work.

Get your study on! 

Source: GIPHY, Zutale Design, Deviant Art, Time out, 

Emily Norfolk

Northwestern '21

Emily Norfolk loves to write about silly everyday amusements. She often gets an idea in her head and cannot let go of it, but that is okay because she just rolls with it. She is constantly thinking of the next story to tell and on which platform. Emily is a lover of multimedia and the digital age. She tells everyone that we are living in a cashless society and to keep up with the trends. Trends and trendsetting are her thing, she wishes she was an IG influencer because she loves vlogging.