This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I wore jeans. Thanks to the pandemic, lockdown and my new routine of working from home, sweatpants and sweatshirts have been my uniform. While it’s scary to think I’ve been sporting comfy clothes consistently for almost a year, I can say that I have become an expert in loungewear. If you’re wanting to try out some new loungewear brands, here are my top picks: 

Aviator Nation

This one’s a no-brainer. Aviator Nation has the comfiest loungewear sets, hands-down. While it is on the pricier side, I can attest that their pieces are high-quality and worth every penny. If I could wear my 5 Stripe Sweatpants everyday, I would. 

Aritzia TNA

Aritzia’s TNA brand is my go-to for sweatshirts. In fact, if you ask my friends what I wear everyday, they will probably say “An Aritzia sweatshirt.” There are several styles in a plethora of colors, from waffle zip-ups to shrunken crewnecks. For days when you want to turn your Zoom camera off and curl into a ball, the oversized, ultra-cozy Boyfriend Hoodie is the move.

Free People Movement

How ironic that Free People put the word “movement” in their brand. While this athleisure brand focuses more on the “athletic” than the “leisure,” their comfy clothes do not disappoint. I love sporting the Happiness Runs Crop and Prajna Biker Shorts on warmer WFH days. 

FreeCity 

FreeCity has some of the best sweatpants on the market. They come in a variety of fun colors and cozy styles. In my opinion, they are perfect for days when your comfiness is the number one priority. For me, this is every day working from home.

Nasty Gal

Nasty Gal is a great option for loungewear sets that don’t break the bank. They have short-sets and sweat-sets in gorgeous, subdued colors. Best of all, you can purchase the set in a bundle, making it one-step easier to get your cozy outfits.  

Skims

Although I am sometimes skeptical of Kar-Jenner’s business endeavors, I tried out Skims and immediately fell in love. Kim’s loungewear and shapewear brand has exceeded my expectations. From the cozy collection sets to velour and waffle, Skims has the perfect variety of comfortable lounge pieces. After all, it is Kardashian-approved. 

Working from home has its perks: wearing comfortable clothes all-day everyday. When you’re purchasing your next pair of sweats for Zoom class, make sure they’re from the best. 

Sara Frank

Northwestern '23

Sara Frank is a sophomore from Houston, TX, studying journalism, psychology and integrated marketing communications at Northwestern University. Her favorite things include her three dogs, sushi and all-things pop culture.