Best Dressed of the Grammy Awards 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Last night, the 55th Grammy Awards were held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and the biggest names in music hit the red carpet. However, the Grammys fashion had a different feel this year. Due to a “wardrobe advisory” by CBS, the award show known for it’s shocking fashion instead feautered classier, romantic gowns.

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Taylor Swift may have created drama by dissing ex Harry Styles in her performance, but she also created drama on the red carpet. Taylor utilizes her signature sense of style in this high- necked J. Mendel gown. The shape of the dress gives off a feminine feel, and the glitzy accents add drama. Her simple up-do seems gives the entire look a greek goddess vibe.

Photo courtesy of celebuzz.com

After rocking the Superbowl at haftime, Mrs. Carter went on to rock the Grammy red carpet. Adhereing to the modest dress code without sacrificing style, Beyonce truly stands out. This black crepe Osman jumpsuit hits her in all the right places, and shows her modern sense of style.

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Known for her stunning red carpet looks, Carrie Underwood wowed the carpet last night. Her flawlessly detailed Roberto Cavalli gown defined understated elegance. Not to mention, the gown perfectly showcased Underwood’s stunning diamond necklace. Her simply, volumized hair completed the look.

Photo courtsy of usmagazine.com

Sometimes rules are made to be broken, and Kelly Rowland defined that last night. Ignoring the CBS warning about see-through material, Rowland showed off her flawless curves in Georges Chakra Couture gown. The daring dress showed just the right amount of skin and helped Rowland own the red carpet. Her simple hair and minimal jewelry let the dress speak for itself.

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

The queen of sexy style adopted a totally different look last night. Rihanna stunned in this romantic Azzedine Alaia gown and exemplfied soft, feminine glamour. Her red lips and relaxed curls added to the dress’ relaxed sophistication.