Style > Beauty

The Beauty Products We Can’t Live Without

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Need a little finals week pick-me-up? We asked some of our staffers to tell us the beauty product they can’t live without. Let’s face it, we all deserve to treat ourselves (and our skin) to a new beauty product after a long week of all-nighters in main.

Here are some of our favorites (looks like our staffers are big mascara fans):

Lancome Clis Booster XL$25, Sephora 

“I got this in one of those overwhelmingly sample bags from Sephora a few years ago–back when I was a VIB (Very Important Beauty insider) and had a seriously dangerous addiction to the store. I’ve been buying it religiously since then. It literally doubles the length and thickness of your eyelashes before you even touch your real mascara.”– Elana Golub

Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour$35, Neiman Marcus 

“Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour: One swipe of this lipstick gives me the perfect color for daytime in an easy natural finish. It’s also super moisturizing, so I can throw it in my bag without a lip balm. I have it in Legende (a deep rose) and Liaison (light-medium pink).” –Maya Voelk 

CoverGirl LashBlast 24hr in Black-Brown$8.95 for a pack of 3, Amazon 

“It makes your eyelashes look naturally luscious without clumping! From my experience, CoverGirl works just as well as the $28 mascara at Sephora — and it is $6 on amazon! I love it.” – Manon Blackman

Maybelline’s Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm$4.29, Walgreens

“I really do not wear makeup, but the beauty product that I make sure to use everyday is Maybelline’s Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm. I like Baby Lips because you can buy it at any local convenient store for less than $4. Baby Lips naturally makes your lips look fuller and adds some color to them which makes it a lipstick and lip plumper all in one. It’s long lasting and moisturizing, and the best lip balm I have ever tried.” – Ariana Brockington

Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara$31, Nordstrom 

“It’s the first mascara I’ve found that doesn’t leave me with raccoon eyes at the end of the day. It forms tubes around your lashes that peel off into a little ball when you add water. It’s completely waterproof during the day, and you don’t lose lashes from rubbing off your mascara with makeup remover at night!” – Liv Bahou

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in “Sultry”$6.89, Target 

“I’m in LOVE with the Revlon ColorBurst™ Matte Balm! It stains your lips in a subtle way – which is perfect for me because I don’t always like the harshness of lipstick. I have it in “Sultry”, which retails around $8 in drugstores.” –Becca Koch

Maybelline’s Volum Express Pumped Up in Black$7.99, Ulta

“I have naturally long eyelashes, but this mascara does a great job of separating them and elongating them. I’ve gotten so many compliments while wearing this product, a lot of people often asking if I am wearing falsies. If you have very minimal eyelashes, it might be too much, but either way it does it’s job. I don’t think I’ll ever sway away from this one.” –Alani Vargas 

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30$43, Sephora 

“This is the one product I wear every day without fail. It’s perfect for those morning when you’re rushing out the door, or when you have time to get all done up. It’s a moisturizer, so it’s super lightweight and smooth, but it also has a tint to give you some coverage. Plus, it has SPF 30, so you won’t have to worry about extra face sunscreen ruining your makeup. I know it’s pricey, but I SWEAR by this product. Definitely worth it.” – Alyssa Raiola

__ 

Good Luck on Finals! xoxo, HC Northwestern

Alyssa Raiola

Northwestern