This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s finally time to break free of the dark, drab, but still perfectly fabulous nail colors of the winter. You’ve made it though this polar vortex winter and now it’s time to brighten things up a bit.

This spring forget the predictable pastels and rock the brighter versions instead.

Always reaching for your favorite mint colored polish in the spring? Change things up and go for a bright green instead. Here I have on Julep’s Payton, it’s a bright yellow-toned green that really just screams spring. Don’t be afraid to try out this odd color, after all it all comes off with remover if you don’t like it!

Some other options: Essie – Mojito Madness, China Glaze – Four Leaf Clover

More of a flower child? Bring on the bright pink in place of the powdery pink. This is Essie’s Cascade Cool, a bluer-toned pink that is really in this season. While you might think bright pink is a summer color, the cooled tone makes it perfect for spring and transitioning into summer.

Other options: OPI – ElePhantastic Pink

If you still want to reach for those lighter pastel shades, try something new with a neutral shimmer. Nude is the color this spring and bringing that onto your nails is a great way to make a statement without re-vamping your wardrobe. This is OPI’s Play in the Peonies.

Other options: Essie – Sand Tropez, Zoya – Kennedy

Jackie Montalvo

Northwestern

Maya Voelk

Northwestern