Beatuy How-To’s – Fake Lashes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Looking for a way to make your eyes pop and change up your makeup routine? Fake eyelashes are a fun and easy way to amp up your eyes. In under five minutes, you can create instant drama and give yourself a sultry new look. Here are my lashes before the lash makeover.

The first step is to pick out what lashes you want. Basic, average length lashes are perfect for a simple night out or for a fomal event. They will just add volume and create a strong lash line. For a crush party or a fun costume, you can buy fake lashes with glitter or crazy lengths. For this how-to, I selected a basic lash. I also recommend the basic liquid lash glue, available at CVS and other drugstores.

The first step is lining the false lash with the glue. Make a thin line along the bottom of the lash, and apply steady pressure to avoid blobs and bubbles. Gently blow on the bottom of the lash and let it sit for 10 to 20 seconds.

Next, apply the lash to your eye. Get close to a mirror and make sure you line up the bottom of the false lash with your lash line (part of your eyelid right before your eyelashes). Be careful not to glue the false lash to any of your actual eyelashes, that could cause a painful removal. Keep for eye closed for about half a minute after the lash is placed to allow it to to dry. Next, repeat these last two steps for your other eye.

In order to seemlessly blend your fake and real lashes, gently apply a coat of mascara to both. It will create one bold, unified lash and make the fake lashes look even longer. I usually apply a liquid liner to where I normally would, fake lashes or not. This creates one unified lash line and adds drama.

Here is the final look! The whoel process only took about 5 minutes, and when applied properly, it will last all night long. When you want to remove, simply peel off the lashes and apply eye makeup remover.