This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

If you know me, you know I’m a pretty big fan of the British royal family. I woke up at 5 a.m. in fifth grade to watch Will and Kate’s wedding, I woke up at 6 a.m. as a high school senior to watch Harry and Meghan’s nuptials, and I even gave my friend Tessa a mini-lecture on the royals when we were stuck inside the day before the Polar Vortex last January. In honor of the latest addition to the family, Harry and Meghan’s little Archie, I thought I’d share my favorite members of the Mountbatten-Windsor clan.

8. Sophie, The Countess of Wessex

Many people don’t know The Countess of Wessex, but I hear she’s the Queen’s favorite daughter-in-law, likely because she’s the only one who has lasted! The Countess is one of the most fashionable women in the royal family, and she carries out more engagements than people might think. I wish we got to see more of her!

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

7. Zara Tindall

Not many know Zara either, but she’s the daughter of Anne, The Princess Royal and the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II. Zara, her husband Mike, and their two daughters Mia and Lena are close friends of the Cambridges, so sometimes we see photos of Zara and The Duchess chatting, while the kids play. Zara’s also talented herself, having competed in the 2012 Olympics for the equestrian team and winning a silver medal!

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

6. Harry, The Duke of Sussex

Charming, witty, and the more attractive son of Prince Charles—William’s going bald!—Prince Harry has given the world some nice entertainment over the years. He’s grown from his bad boy ways to the loving husband and doting father we’ve seen over the past year. His love for Meghan and Archie is so apparent everytime he talks about them or looks at them, and it’s so sweet! He’s easy on the eyes, too, but I think I like him more without the beard!

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

5. Queen Elizabeth II

Long live the Queen! Can you believe Queen Elizabeth II has held the crown for 67 years? At age 93, the Queen’s still trucking along, showing up for royal engagements, weddings, and holiday services. As the longest-reigning monarch in the world, Queen Elizabeth II is an image of what we all should hope to be like at that age!

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

4. Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex

Of course, I couldn’t call this list complete without Meghan Markle, the American, biracial Northwestern gal…just like me! She’s tough, she’s bold, and she’s not afraid to break royal protocol—even for simple things, like shutting her own car door! The Duchess, as everyone knows, already made history entering the family as a black American divorcee, so kudos to her for changing the way so many people see the royals. Maybe all of us biracial Northwestern girls are destined to marry a prince!

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

3. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

From waving to crowds to being a bridesmaid in royal weddings, 4-year-old Princess Charlotte knows how do it all—and she looks adorable along the way! Plus, the young princess has already made history, since she’ll be the first girl to pass a younger brother in succession, thanks to the Succession to the Crown Act of 2013. (Think of Andrew, the Duke of York, passing his older sister Anne in the line.) Charlotte’s also the perfect mixture of both her mom and dad, so she’s automatically a cute kid!

Image courtesy of Time Magazine

2. Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

Though we haven’t seen much of him so far, this boy is just precious! I love the name Archie, first of all, and I like that he doesn’t have an official title, unlike his parents. I’m also glad the royal family now has a biological biracial member. I look forward to seeing cute pictures of George, Charlotte, Louis, and Archie playing together in the near future!

1. Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge

What’s not to love about Kate Middleton? She’s fashionable, she’s gorgeous, she’s good with kids, and she’s friendly! Though Meghan definitely represented a big change in British royal customs, Kate started it by being one of the first commoners to marry an heir to the throne. She’s also quite candid about mental health struggles as a mother, so in that regard, she’s real too. I can’t wait to see her as queen someday!Image courtesy of Flickr

Sophia Scanlan

Northwestern '22

Sophia Scanlan is a freshman from Boston, Mass., majoring in History with a minor in Psychology. In her free time (the little that she has!), Sophia likes to read, bake cookies, find the best sales, exercise, and spend time with friends! She's also quite possibly the biggest Red Sox fan out there....