The 8 People You’ll See on the Lakefill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Springtime at NU means it’s the best time of the year: lakefill season! Walking along the lakefill on a warm day (yes, they happen sometimes), you will see crowds of students gathered in front of our beautiful view of the Chicago skyline. The lakefill crew is made up of students lounging, studying or spending time with friends.

Which Lakefill personality are you?

The Photographer:

These really photo-happy NU students can be found with their phone or camera taking ‘artsy’ photos on the rocks or #nofilter shots of the Chicago skyline. Or, maybe they are visitors admiring the lake for the first time. Even though we may make fun of you, we agree, it’s a gorgeous view. 

The Athlete:
These students can be found jogging along the lakefill or doing some intense-looking ab workout in front of the lake. Do less, please, you’re making us feel guilty as we lay on the lakefill “doing homework.”

The Frat Bro:

This student can be found tossing around a frisbee or football with a large group of boys. They have been known to rock bro tanks in any temperature above 60 degrees. 

The Hipster

These students can be found near the sections of tress on the lakefill in hammocks or hanging slack lines. 

The “Student”

These students go out to the lakefill to “do some reading” or “get some work done.” They’re the poster children for the whole “college student studying outside on a nice day” thing.  You’re not fooling anyone, it’s far too nice out to focus.

The Socialite

This student can be found with a gaggle of friends crowded around a picnic blanket exchanging gossip from the weekend. Photos will likely be posted on Facebook of this lovely friendship moment.

The Thinker

This student can be found sitting on the rocks pondering the world. Or just hanging reading on the lakefill. Props to you, this is honestly one of the best ways to relax on our campus.

The Musician

There is always someone playing a musical instrument for the entire lakefill to hear.  Or that guy trying to show off his guitar skills to a guy he brought to hang out with him there. It really completes the whole picturesque ambiance of a warm lakefill day.