etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Products to use at your Hot Spring Break Destination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Finals are over and Spring break is finally here! If you are going somewhere warm for your vacation, make sure to pack these Spring break essentials before you head out! These products will help you feel and look fresh all day in the heat.

1. Primers

If you’re going to be out in the sun all day, the last thing you want is melted makeup on your face. Prime your face before putting on your foundation, or even better, make sure your primer has some level of SPF to protect your skin from the sun! Nothing is worse than smudged eyeliner, so I live by the Urban Decay’s primer potion before I put on any eye shadow or eyeliner.

2. Setting spray

Though it’s always good to opt for lighter makeup in the heat, if you are steadfast in your make up routine, make sure you cap off your makeup with setting spray. Then use a kabuki brush to lightly pat down the mist onto your face to really lock down the makeup.

3. Sunscreen and Aloe

In the long term, sun can really damage your skin as you get older, so wearing sunscreen to keep those dangerous UV rays is super important. Make sure to wear sunscreen when you’re on the beach, where the sun is much stronger and reflects off the water. In the short term, rubbing some cool aloe after a day in the sun is so important to prevent your skin from peeling and preserving your tan.

4. Body scrub

Warm weather means shorts and tanks! Keep your skin polished and radiant with a body scrub. Using a body scrubs can exfoliate dead skin cells and rubbing some body oil on after the shower will leave your skin sparkling in the sun!

5. Waterproof Mascara and eyeliner

It’s a given that if you’re going to be in warm weather, you’ll want to jump in the pool or the ocean to cool down. Sure, getting your face wet could get annoying, but nothing is worse and more obvious than running mascara and smudged eyeliner! Prevent yourself from becoming a raccoon by investing in some waterproof eye makeup!

6. Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoo is super useful when you have a busy day ahead and you don’t have time to wash your hair. I spray some dry shampoo on my roots if I want to get rid of that hair grease before going out to do some activity (like play on the beach or hike). Also, dry shampoo is perfect when you want to preserve your curled or straightened hair a day longer. 

7. Oil blotters

Prevent oily-faced pictures by having a pack of oil blotters in your purse at all times. The sun is bound to leave your face sweaty and oily so make sure to keep your face in check by blotting your face every few hours!

Featured image: http://youresopretty.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/natural-summer-eye-m…