This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

We’ve all heard the news…THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE BACK!! I don’t know about you, but ever since the announcement last week I’ve been listening to their music non-stop, trying to relive the good old days! Luckily, the boys are back and better than ever with “Sucker,” and I can’t wait until they announce their tour schedule. The Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana were my first concert as a kid, and I’d love to see the new-and-improved band impress again. So, in honor of this fabulous reunion, here are some of my favorite Jonas Brothers bops that I’ve played on repeat this week!

1. “Year 3000”

Of course, “Year 3000” is by far the best Jonas Brothers song. Even though it’s not originally theirs (thanks, Busted!), “Year 3000” is the song we all think of when we think of the Jonas Brothers. The song is catchy and upbeat, and I’m sure it brings back good memories of jamming out to it as an awkward tween—I know I did!

2. “When You Look Me in the Eyes”

I love this song. It deviates from the Jonas Brothers’ somewhat punk-rock feel and gives us a nice sentimental tune. I heard them sing it in James Corden’s carpool karaoke the other day and, wow, it sounds even better coming from them now! Definitely one of their best songs.

3. “Kids of the Future”

When I hear “Kids of the Future,” I’m instantly transported back to 2006 when my babysitter would drive me to soccer practice and this hit would come on the radio. It was an epic anthem about the power of kids then, and, somehow, it still feels so relevant. So when you’re feeling down about, say, the government ignoring climate change or failing to do anything about gun control, this song will remind you that we’re up next!

4. “Burnin’ Up”

I obviously couldn’t list the best Jonas Brothers bops without including this one. We knew all its words, we blasted the radio when it came on, and we shrieked without restraint when we heard its opening notes at concerts. It’s a classic, and we love it completely!

5. “That’s Just the Way We Roll”

This song gives us a little of that rock ‘n’ roll side of the Jonas Brothers, and the beat just makes you want to get up and dance! “That’s Just the Way We Roll” isn’t as popular as some of the Jo Bros’ other songs, but it should be! I’ve always liked it, and I still listen to it now!

6. “A Little Bit Longer”

Like “When You Look Me in the Eyes,” “A Little Bit Longer” is a calmer, slower song. It’s a more sophisticated feel from the Jonas Brothers, and a nice break from their typical louder and faster sound. Again, it’s not as popular as some of the others on this list, but you should definitely give it a listen if you haven’t yet!

7. “Before the Storm”

Remember when Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers came out with this song? Even better, remember when Nick Jonas and Miley were kind of a thing?! This track offers a nice feminine voice to the Jo Bros’ typical sound, and it let us have two of our favorite artists in one!

And, what would this post be without a clip of their latest bop, “Sucker”? It might be my new favorite….

Sophia Scanlan

Northwestern '22

Sophia Scanlan is a freshman from Boston, Mass., majoring in History with a minor in Psychology. In her free time (the little that she has!), Sophia likes to read, bake cookies, find the best sales, exercise, and spend time with friends! She's also quite possibly the biggest Red Sox fan out there....