6 Movies In the Theater This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

There are a ton of movies out in the theater right now, but I know I can’t be the only one who hasn’t seen a movie in the longest time. Nothing is better than sitting down with friends or a date and munching on that buttery delicious movie popcorn. The last time I went to the theater was months ago and staying up to date on what is showing is difficult on campus. This weekend, get out of your dorm and take your friends to the theater to see one of the new films. Here is the rating of the movies that are currently out in the theater to help you pick out the perfect one for your weekend activities!

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Length: 137 min

Rating: 81% on rotten tomatoes, and 4.5 stars for audience

When to See it: Go out with friends this weekend to see this crazy action/adventure sequel with tons of great comedy that will keep you laughing the entire time. Besides, who doesn’t love Chris Pratt?

2. King Arthur, Legend of the Sword

Length: 126 min

Rating: 26% on rotten tomatoes, and 4 stars for audience

When to See it: Although this movie comes out this weekend, the low rating from rotten tomatoes means that it would be best to wait a few more weeks to see it. The classic tale of how Arthur became the legendary king, this is a tale of royalty, betrayal, and war. Don’t get your hopes to high for this fantasy/action film.

3. Snatched

Length: 91 min

Rating: 38% on rotten tomatoes, and 2.5 stars for audience

When to See it: This film is best for girls’ night out, preferably with drinks and tons of catching up. This comedy about a recently single woman and her mother traveling to South America. Although Amy Schumer is undeniably funny, she only has one brand of comedy, and this film doesn’t seem to be anything original.

4. The Fate of the Furious

Length: 137 min

Rating: 67% on rotten tomatoes, and 4.5 stars for audience

When to See it: Yes, you read that correctly. There is yet another fast and furious film. Surprised anyone is still alive in the series to keep making these sequels? We are too. This sequel seems to have done pretty well, and the film captures all the aspects of action, adventure, suspense, and of course, shiny fast cars. This is perfect for a fun weekend film to see with friends.

5. Gifted

Length: 101 min

Rating: 64% on rotten tomatoes, and 4 stars for audience

When to See it: See this film with family, friends, or on a date. The story of a single man raising a child prodigy is beautifully captured and a perspective not often looked into.

6. The Circle

Length: 110 min

Rating: 16% on rotten tomatoes, and 2.5 stars for audience

When to See it: Although this film features the talented and sensational Emma Watson, the rating is not strong. A classic tale of the power of technology, this film truly makes you think, but has an ending that leaves too much to be desired.

Photos from Cinemark