5 Ways To Wear It: The Bold Mini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

With fashion moving at an ever-changing pace the newest trends are on and off the racks in a whirlwind.  But on a college budget you can’t afford to buy a new outfit every month.  When facing the challenge of being stylish and not breaking the bank, an easy solution is to invest in one fashion-forward piece and find multiple ways to incorporate it into your wardrobe, and really make your dollars count.  Lately the runway has been all about bold colors and patterns, so a vibrant mini is a worthwhile investment.  You can find one from Urban Outfitters— located in downtown Evanston— in a number of colors for only $34.

1.  Pair it with an equally bright tank for a color-block effect, one of the hottest trends on the runway this summer.  Nude heels have the dual action of elongating your legs while making the colors really pop against your skin, while a layered beaded necklace adds some glam.

2. Wear it with a geometric print t-shirt and a leather jacket for an edgy, city look.  Combine with boots to keep your legs warm while continuing with the tougher vibe.  Add on some funky rings and you’re ready for a day wandering the streets of Chicago.

3. Throw on a cardigan and a cute scarf for a simple yet chic style.  Pick a scarf that has accents of the skirt’s color to keep the look fluid.  Accessorize with earrings that bring the attention toward your face.

4.  Dress down by pulling on an oversized, comfy sweater. Complete the look with some simple flats and minimal jewelry.  Any sweater will work, but if you pick something loud keep the jewelry neutral, while if you pick a neutral sweater experiment by spicing it up with a chunky necklace or a lot of rings.

5.  Mix trends by going for a Boho vibe.  Slip on a flowy, ethnic top and a lot of bangles to get this style.  When choosing bangles, change up patterns, colors, and textures to keep it interesting.  Grab a fringe bag and slide on some flats or moccasins to be Boho from head to toe.

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo