etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Best Short Films for Spring Break Bingeing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

At home for Spring break and planning on binge watching some good old Netflix? Well, like others, you might be tired of the same old TV shows. So, instead give short films a try. These easily digestible mini-films will surely bring some fun to your break! 

1. Walt Disney Short Films Collection (Netflix)

Length: 80 minutes (12 short films)

Mood: Joyful

Description: From Walt Disney comes this collection of beloved short films. These include classic characters from Disney, and even more recent Frozen characters. Watch this if you are in the mood for some nostalgia. It will be sure to bring a smile to your face. 

2. Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog (Itunes) 

Length: 43 minutes (3 epispdes)

Mood: Wacky

Description: Think online mini-series crossed with original humor and a touch of musical theater. This film about a super villians plans for world domination will be sure to give you a chuckle. Also, it has Neil Patrick-Harris, and that should be enough of a reason to watch! 

3. Verbatim: The Ferguson Case (just google it!)

Length:17 minutes

Mood: Insightful 

Description: This short documentary takes on the case of Ferguson, Missouri. If you were ever concerned or confused about what took place, this will help to get you in the loop. This short film reenacts real court transcripts and testimony to show the follies of the case. 

4. Mo’ne Davis: Throw Like a Girl (just google it!) 

Length: 16 minutes 

Mood: Awe-struck 

Description: Mo’ne Davis became the first girl in the Little League world series to pitch a shut-out. She represents strength and perserverance in a mostly male-dominated league. Spike Lee directed this more old-fashioned documentary to remind us that pitching “like a girl” is not a bad thing.