burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Spring Trends You Can Wear Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

February can be an awkward time for fashion.  New York Fashion Week just unveiled all of the latest trends for the spring season, and stores are getting their new spring shipments and. Unfortunately, we still live in this perpetual snow globe. Lets face it, we aren’t going to be going outside without a massive parka anytime soon.

Instead of sulking as your friends instagram all their new spring outfits, buy some pieces for spring and incorporate them into your winter wardrobe! Here are three trends for this spring that you can style to wear right now:

Crop Tops

Crop Tops are a springtime staple, and they were all over the runway at New York Fashion Week. Pair a longsleeve crop top with high waisted leggings and save it for your denim shorts later this spring!

Get it Now: Crop Top, $8.80, Forever21.com. Collage via Polyvore. Seen on the Runway: Diane Von Furstenberg NYFW.

Metallic:

Seen on the Runway: Yves Saint Laurent metallic dress in NYFW; Buy it now: Metallic Skater Skirt, $40, Nastygal.com. Collage via Polyvore.

Many of the Fashion Week models lit up the runway with their bright metallic outfits this year. Invest in a cute metallic skater skirt and pair it with a leather jacket, tights and a cute scarf right now!

Floral

Buy it Now: Floral Leggings, $33 ASOS.com. Collage via Polyvore. Seen on the Runway:Alberta Ferretti NYFW.

Floral is most popular print for the spring time and time again. Instead of going with the cute new floral mini skirt, get yourself a new pair of floral leggings! With an oversized sweater, these are perfect for winter style. Soon enough, you can pair them with a tank and cute flats!