21 Female-Empowering Songs for When You’re Feeling Fierce and Sexy (Playlist Included)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

This article is a part of Her Campus Northwestern’s Sex and Relationships week – a week full of themed articles and content on sex, relationships and female empowerment through your body!

1. Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld

Whether you interpret this song to be about female masturbation or simply self-love, it’s undeniably empowering. 

2. Love on the Brain by Rihanna

This recent jam by Rihanna is the epitome of sensuality and soulfulness. It’s almost impossible to not feel seductive after listening.

3. Partition by Beyoncé

Beyoncé is the queen of everything, and that includes fierce music. “Partition” is no exception to this; blast it and you are guaranteed to feel powerful.

4. Good for You by Selena Gomez

Everything from the rhythm to the lyrics in this track scream sexual empowerment. There’s no better song to get ready to, especially when you’re on the way to a hot date.

5. Body Say by Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato knows how to make a song into the ultimate turn-on, and “Body Say” is the ultimate proof of that.

6. Fantasy by Mariah Carey

This song never gets old. Take a walk down memory lane with “Fantasy” and bask in the sweet, yet sexy, vibes of this classic.

7. Side to Side by Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj

Both Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj slay at producing steamy jams, so when you put them together, there’s no surprise that they create a masterpiece.

8. Into You by Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande knows how to show off her sexy side, and also bring out the same in her listeners.

9. Drunk in Love by Beyoncé

“Drunk in Love” is one of Beyoncé’s most sensual songs. Don’t be surprised when you feel a little wild after listening to this track.

10. Hands to Myself by Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez, back it again with a fierce track. The lyrics in this song say all you need to know about how sexy it is.

11. Teenage Dream by Katy Perry

“Teenage Dream” may get recognition for being the quintessential pop song, but it also has elements of sexuality, with a romantic edge.

12. Feeling Myself by Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé

Do I need to say anything more besides Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj together? That’s the supreme combination of girl power.

13. Work by Rihanna

If you haven’t got down to this song at a school dance or alone in your bedroom, you’re missing out. It’s impossible to deny the inner twerk-champion inside of you.

14. Crazy in Love Remix by Beyoncé

If “Crazy in Love” wasn’t amazing enough, this remix for Fifty Shades of Grey is the cherry on top.

15. Can’t Stop Dancin’ by Becky G

Becky G has the perfect track for you to turn on if you’re feeling fierce and ready to show off your sexy dance moves.

16. Buttons by the Pussycat Dolls

The Pussycat Dolls are the OG female-empowerment queens. Throw it back with “Buttons” and soon enough you’ll be binging their entire playlist.

17. Toxic by Brittney Spears

If this song hasn’t turned you into the ultimate seductress, you clearly haven’t listened to it enough.

18. Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande

Back at it again with Ariana Grande and yet another song that isn’t afraid to embrace female sexuality.

19. Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey

If you’re seeking a more romantic and dreamy edge to your empowerment playlist, Lana Del Rey has you covered with this track.

20. Fergalicious by Fergie

Fergie is a goddess to begin with and this song just proves it. Who else knows all the lyrics to this classic?

21. Talking Body by Tove Lo

Finally, Tove Lo comes in with a song that isn’t afraid to be explicit about female desire. How much better can it get?

Take these songs as inspiration to build your own playlist. Add all the songs that make you feel like your best self, and you’re guaranteed to feel empowered, sexy and undeniably fierce.

View our custom playlist on Spotify HERE!

Gifs courtesy of Giphy

Cover Photo courtesy of PicJumbo

Elissa Gray

Northwestern '20

Elissa is a Northwestern junior in Medill studying journalism and political science. She was born and raised in Las Vegas, where her love for sushi, avocados, and hot cheetos all began. When she isn't wasting away in the library, she can be found binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix, and dreaming about her favorite place in the world, Disneyland.