2012 SAG Awards Best and Worst Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

Award season gives celebrities a number of opporutnities to bring their best looks to the red carpet. Unfortunately sometimes it gives them the opportunity to bring out their worst! Here’s my take on who won and who lost last night at the Screen Actor’s Guild Awards.

THE BEST OF THE NIGHT

Lea Michele

(image from MTV)

Lea Michele was a bombshell on the red carpet last night – nothing like the goody-two-shoes character she’s known for on Glee. This blue-grey Versace gown with a sexy high slit perfectly complimented her dark hair worn down for the event and accentuated her dark smoky eyes. Though she usually picks more conservative outfits, this new look of hers is amazing. She’s single and 25, so why not flaunt it?

Sofia Vergara

(image from PopSugar)

Sexiness exudes from this celebrity wherever she goes, but her Marchesa gown was show stopping. While many celebrities chose black dresses for the event, Sofia Vergara decided to stand out in hot pink. The structure of the strapless gown is flawless, and her up-do showcased the dress beautifully.

Stacy Keibler

(image from PopSugar)

Also in Marchesa, Stacy Keibler looked elegant donned in black lace. The delicate material on the form-fitting dress looked magnificent. Usually the cameras love George Clooney, but all eyes were on his gorgeous partner at the SAG Awards.

Maria Menounos

(image from gossipcop)

Maria Menounos was busting out in this beautiful skintight Dolce & Gabbana black gown. Though some critics claim that this dress was way too tight, Maria has the body to handle the sexiness of the dress.

Emily Blunt

(image from CeleBuzz)

Emily Blunt looked striking in this gorgeous green Oscar de la Renta gown. The color brought out her blue-green eyes and her hair in a simple up-do accentuated the one-shoulder appeal of the dress.

Continue on for the Worst Dressed of the night…
[pagebreak]
THE WORST OF THE NIGHT:

Kaley Cuoco

(image from E! Online)

Though I love the braided up-do Kaley Cuoco wore to the SAG Awards, her dress looked like something a 16-year-old would choose for prom. The dress was too much for this event, and the feathered bell skirt aspect of the gown killed her look.

Zoe Saldana

(image from PopSugar)

Is this even a dress? Zoe Saldana’s Givenchy Haute Couture gown was interesting to say the least. First off, she looks like she’s wearing a visible wife beater tank top under her gown. The mesh high-collared top of the dress is unattractive and does not seem to compliment the skirt-like bottom of the dress.

Jenna Fischer

(image from Celebrity Chatta)

Though she’s only 37, Jenna Fischer looked decades older by choosing this dress for the SAG Awards. The cut is unflattering, and the dress is drowning any figure she has.

Amber Heard

(image from Fashionologie)

Amber Heard is beautiful, but the Zac Posen gown had way too many slits. She looked vampire-esque (not in a good way) with her pale skin and blonde hair in a high quaff hairstyle.

Michelle Williams

(image from PopSugar)

Michelle Williams looked dreadfully awkward on the red carpet at the awards last night. The cut of her gown is at an awkward length that shows too much of her shoes. Though the red of this Valentino gown is a beautiful color for her, she didn’t seem able to pull off the simplicity of this gown.

Casey Geraldo

Northwestern

Casey Geraldo is a junior at Northwestern University. She is journalism major, with a broadcast concentration, and a history minor.Casey coaches gymnastics, and in her spare time, she is usually babysitting, watching TV, eating candy and ice cream or spending time with the people she loves.Follow Casey on Twitter! @caseygeraldo