Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
The CW
Style

How to incorporate Pantone’s 2022 color into your life

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northern Arizona chapter.

In case you haven’t heard, Pantone released their 2022 color of the year: PANTONE 17-3938 Very Peri. Very Peri is a delightful periwinkle that encompasses new beginnings, and includes a calming blue which shines through with joyful violet and red undertones. This color is a fun way to brighten up our lives after a tough year. Through clothes and household décor, the possibilities are endless with this chic new color! 

Room Décor

A nice throw blanket is great to have around the apartment or house. This blanket seems to be fuzzy and warm, and will prove especially cozy in a cold environment! This décor choice can also add a nice pop of color to a room. 

Kitchen

Another Very Peri item to add to your home would be these storage containers for sugar, coffee, tea, and flour. Though the items themselves are mainly white, their periwinkle lettering helps this set stand out in any kitchen. This would be a cute and easy way to add Very Peri to your home, as well as an aesthetic way to organize your kitchen necessities.

Clothes

Now I don’t know about you, but I love to add clothes to my closet! This color is such a statement piece, and there are so many ways to incorporate it to your own unique style. From athletic wear to a night on the town, periwinkle has become one of my favorite colors to customize. I recently bought a one shoulder, long-sleeve top in the Very Peri color from one of our local boutiques here in Flagstaff! Honestly, the color just makes my brain go purrrr, so I highly suggest fitting into your wardrobe. 

This pair of Very Peri athletic pants can be such a fun way to liven up your athletic wear. From going to the gym, to just lounging about doing errands, these pants are such a color pop. And if pants aren’t your style, these shorts are a great alternative. Especially for when the weather gets warm! 

Now who doesn’t need more tops to add to their collection? Well to be honest I certainly don’t, but that does not stop me. After doing some online shopping, well deserved in my opinion, I found these super cute long sleeved shirts. I’m loving this square neck top more so than the others, because the ribbing and the cut are so adorable to wear to class or for grabbing a coffee with friends. Another top I found was this sweater with lace detailing, but what actually makes this top so perfect is the tiny tie in the back! The slightly open lower back gives me jumping into spring vibes, which couldn’t be a more perfect season for this color. 

Finally I am a shoe girl. I love shoes. Any type of shoes really. Tennis shoes, sneakers, boots, booties, heels, you name it, I have it. So while I was doing my typical shoe shopping, I stumbled across these periwinkle heals. Not only does the style work with the bright Very Peri color, they also have rhinestones. I repeat: RHINESTONES! Just imagine strutting across the street, or going out on the town, in these shoes. They are so fierce. Me-Ow! 

Bailey MacAulay

Northern Arizona '24

Hey! My name is Bailey and I am a sophomore about Northern Arizona University. I am majoring in History with a minor in Advertising. Some fun facts about me is that I am in Gamma Phi Beta Sorority and my favorite things to do are shopping and reading!