Winter Wardrobe Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

1. Tech Touch Gloves

Let’s face it. Texting is an integral part of our lives. But how many times have you had to choose between keeping your hands warm or sending a quick text on your walk across campus? No more, Collegiettes! You shouldn’t have to live that way! With Tech Touch Gloves, you can keep your hand warm and text, and they come in so many different colors and designs to match any outfit.

2. Knit Sweater

With so many shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from, there’s no reason not to have a couple knit sweaters in your winter wardrobe! They’re great for layering and they keep you super warm. Talk about fashion meeting function!

3. Peacoat

It’s timeless. It’s classic. It’ll last you a very long time. The peacoat, my friends, is a winter staple. You can go for a classy, toned-down peacoat and adds pops of color elsewhere, or you can go for a vibrant peacoat and make a bold statement. However you wear it, embrace it!

4. Scarves

Maybe you’re an infinity scarf kind of girl. Or maybe you like to rock the bandana scarf look. Whatever your scene, don’t be caught without one. Scarves keep your neck cozy and are a great way to add a pop of color to an otherwise dull outfit.

5. Thick Tights and Leggings

Wear them with a cute dress or skirt. Go for classic black or switch it up and pick bright colors or floral prints. Whatever look you’re going for, there are probably tights to match. You can even wear them under your jeans to keep you extra toasty!

6. Knee-High Boots

Winter and boots go hand in hand. Knee-high boots are great because they offer added coverage and they’re super stylish. Don’t be afraid to splurge on these either. Good winter boots are worth it and these will probably sustain a little wear and tear as your go-to footwear choice of the season.

7. Sweater Dress

So you want to wear a dress or skirt, but it’s much too cold outside. Or maybe not. Maybe you need a sweater dress! They’re cute. They’re classy. But, most importantly, they’re warm! What more could any girl ask for?

Well, there you have it Collegiettes. Stay classy and stay warm!

Hope Oje

Northeastern

My name is Hope and I'm a Communication Studies major. I chose to be a Communication Studies major because I love learning about different media and how each type affects the audience in a different way. Also, this major puts me on the path toward a publishing job, which is important to me. I was born in Oakland, California and raised in Richmond, California, but I've lived in South Jersey for the past five years. Some of my interests include playing tennis, watching tennis, and spending time with my friends and family.
Melanie Dostis

Northeastern

Melanie Dostis is a journalism major at Northeastern University. She has been involved with Her Campus since her sophomore year, being elected co-correspondent her junior year- a position she is thrilled to continue in her last year. She lives a writing-filled life and wouldn't have it any other way. She is currently interning at Boston Magazine and is a correspondent for the Boston Globe and USA Today. She can usually be found back in her home-roots of wonderful New York on weekends, exploring her second home in Boston, or often back in her family roots of Ecuador, gorging on massive amounts of Hispanic dishes....Follow her on Twitter @MelDostis. HCXO!