This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

At the start of the whole online-class, eviction from dorms fiasco, I decided to sign up for a streaming service. Granted, it was about time. It’s been two years since I had Netflix and I took to only watching movies from Amazon Prime. As a penny pincher, I found myself drawn to Hulu. For $5.99 a month (I’m currently on the free trial), you have access to hundreds of media. Plus, if you’re on the Spotify student plan, you get the service for free. I swear Hulu is not sponsoring me. If you take it upon yourself to sign up for Hulu, here are some of my recommendations.

Superstore

Think Brooklyn-Nine-Nine but set in a Walmart superstore. Superstore has grown to be one of my favorite shows. It follows the comedy of similar NBC shows yet has an extremely diverse cast. The show also touches upon topics ranging from minimum wage to labor unions to illegal immigration—all whilst being extremely funny of course!

Bob’s Burgers

I’m definitely being biased when I say this, but Bob’s Burgers is one of my all-time favorite shows. All ten seasons are on Hulu and I guarantee each episode will make you laugh at least once. The scene below is perhaps one of the most iconic animated episodes.

Drake & Josh

Along with Big Time Rush, feel free to relive your childhood in the form of brotherly love. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forget the theme song. With the exception of season one, all the seasons are available to stream.

Little Fires Everywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWGkX8ClhBI

This is probably one of, if not the most, talked-about Hulu shows right now. In the past few weeks alone, the views from Little Fires Everywhere have accumulated to well over millions of views. I’ve yet to watch the show myself but plan on doing so right when the semester ends.

Fyre Fraud

I know the Fyre Festival scandal happened years ago, but if I could recommend one documentary, it’d be this one. The movie does a really great job in understanding the mechanics and management behind one of the worst event-planning in history.

Parasite

Yup, you heard that right. Parasite just recently became available to stream on Hulu. As one of the most talked-about films of last year, and really the past decade, Parasite manages to leave a lasting impression on anyone who watches it.

Booksmart

I could spend days talking about this movie, but feel free to read up my mini-analysis here.

Buzzfeed Unsolved

In all honesty, I didn’t even know Buzzfeed Unsolved was on Hulu until just about now when I searched it up. But lo and behold, all three sub-series (True Crime, Supernatural, and Sports Conspiracies) are available to stream.

Honestly, there’s so many shows and movies worth watching (ie: Motherland: Fort Salem, Looking for Alaska, Homeland, etc) that it may just be better to try it out yourself.

Sreya is a third-year combined computer science and business major. Prior to being Campus Correspondent/Editor in Chief from 2020-2021, she was an editor for Northeastern's chapter. Besides being part of Her Campus, she's also in HackBeanpot and Scout. She spends most of her free time watching cringy reality shows, scrolling through Twitter, and going to concerts.