What To Do With Your Boston Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

New England is known for its spectacular falls, and Boston is no exception. While there are countless things to do in Boston at this time of year, when you’re wearing your favorite cable knit sweater with a PSL in hand, here are some of my favorite Boston fall activities.

1. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts.     

The MFA is one of my all time favorite places in Boston. I could spend hours getting lost amongst all the incredible exhibits. There is something so amazing about being able to stroll through a beautiful building and being transported into different time periods, cultures, experiences.

2. Visit the Museum of Science    

Once you’ve gotten your fill of the arts, go check out the Museum of Science. If you are a bit nerdy (like myself) you’ll truly enjoy their exhibits and shows on topics like electricity and astronomy. Be sure to see a movie at their Mugar Omni Theater, where the screen is in the shape of a dome.

3. Go shopping at the Prudential Center

Know that when it gets a bit too chilly to spend the day on Newbury, the Prudential is always there for you. Spend an afternoon amongst the variety of stores they have. Then if you and your wallet are in the mood for a classy night, have dinner at the Top of the Hub, which has some of the best views of Boston.

4.  Go for a hike at Blue Hills Reservation     

Views from the tops of mountains are always beautiful, especially in the fall. Get in a good workout while being surrounded by amazing foliage and listening to some tranquil, perfect for fall, music:

We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off –  Ella Eyre

Angel of Small Death and the Codeine Scene – Hozier

Caroline – Jon Foreman

Gooey – Glass Animals

Don’t – Ed Sheeran

The Chain – Ingrid Michaelson

Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley

Cecilia and the Satellite – Andrew McMahon

Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield

Where We Gonna Go from Here – Mat Kearney

Video Games – Lana del Rey

Free Fallin’ – John Mayer