Twitter Reacts to Beyonce’s Pregnancy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It is impossible that you have not heard the news at this point because just seconds after my shaking thumb double-tapped the photo as a tear glistened on my cheek, I got two texts, an email notification, and saw an article posted about it. It is as if the heavens opened up and blessed us on what has otherwise been a confusing and frustrating week.

Yes, Beyoncé is pregnant with twins, no less.

“We would like to share our love and happiness. We have been blessed two times over. We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes. – The Carters” Beyoncé posted on her Instagram Wednesday morning. I had to read it twice to be sure, which is probably a purposeful, artistic choice. I should expect no less from the queen.

As I write this article, the photo already has over 3.5 million likes. Almost immediately, Rihanna reposted the photo, congratulating the future mother of three saying “so excited about this news!!!! Congratulations to you @Beyoncé and my big brother Jay!!!! 

She wasn’t the only one who reacted to the big news. The Beyhive stormed twitter singing their congratulations. There were a record half million tweets in 45 minutes following her announcement.

Despite some naysayers shaming the collective buzz, overwhelmingly the tweets were positive, congratulating the mother-to-be and sharing her joy. Of course, there were also messages of awe. Beyoncé is set to headline at Coachella this year, presumably while pregnant with twins. TBD on whether or not the choreography will match her usual flair – but odds are pretty good that Beyoncé will pull out all of the stops, pregnant or not.

All things considered, the blessing of the announcement amidst the backdrop of a confusing and chaotic week, Twitter’s reactions were fairly apropos.

When you’re so iconic you need to come up with a way to outdo yourself.

Debating this iconic fashion moment…

She really is a genius.

When you just need to share the news.

We’re waiting to see how Kim K reacts.

All of our hopes and dreams.

You just want to be there for Queen Bey every step of the way.

Need to figure this out first, though.

The future is in their hands.