This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

With finals season approaching, it’s important to have a reliable place to study. Here is an assortment of my favorite study spots in Boston.

1. Boston Public Library

The Boston Public Library is my all-time favorite study spot in Boston. It’s entirely free to go and the various study spaces are gorgeous. Inside the library, you’ll be surrounded by beautiful murals, sculptures, and an endless amount of books. The best part is the outdoor courtyard in the middle of the library! It’s so serene and peaceful with nice weather.

1. Pressed Cafe

Pressed Cafe is one of my go-to spots to get some work done while enjoying a quick, yet delicious meal. Located right next to the Prudential Center, Pressed Cafe is just a short walk or T-ride away from campus. I recommend ordering The Bridge Panini with a side of Butternut Squash Soup!

1. Charles River

Grab a hammock and relax by the Charles! Anywhere along the Charles River is a beautiful and relatively quiet place to study. While the weather is still nice, I recommend testing out the waters to see if this is a good study spot for you.

1. Northeastern Library Study Rooms

The library study rooms at Northeastern aren’t anything special, but they get the job done and have a complimentary white-board-wall. I love booking a co-lab study room in the library when I don’t want to go far and need a silent work environment. However, each student is limited to three rooms per week, so plan ahead!

1. Pavement Coffeehouse

While I’ve only been to Pavement a few times, the music, coffee, and food offered there to provide for an excellent atmosphere. There are multiple Pavement Cafes around the city, but the closest one to campus can be found on Gainsborough Street.

Good luck with your studying! Feel free to reach out and share which spots are your favorites!

Lauren Witt

Northeastern '25

Lauren (she/her/hers) is a Business Administration and Communication Studies combined major with a concentration in Marketing. She is from Chicago, Illinois and can usually be found spending time with her friends and family, watching movies, exploring Boston, or working out. Lauren is passionate about fashion and hopes to work on the business side of the fashion industry someday.