This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

With summer break almost upon us, it’s time to start thinking of how to make those four months the best possible. Following is a collection of tours, festivals, and local concerts to help make this summer the season of music.

TOURS

Here are just a few of the popular artists that will be appearing all over the country this summer:

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

• The Queen, Beyoncé, who honestly needs no introduction

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

• For those of you such inclined or who have a new respect for his popular song “Sorry,” there’s always Justin Bieber

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

• Finally, there’s Adele, no longer on the other side, though her shows may all be sold out

Courtesy of Wikipedia Commons

FESTIVALS

For those looking for more, whether that be more people, more music, or more thrill, here are a number of key music festivals occurring across the US:

• A locally-based festival taking place from May 27-29, in addition to a later fall date, Boston Calling attracts over 20,000 fans each year. Here is a recap of the 2015 festival.  

• The largest electronic music festival outside of Europe, Electric Daisy Carnival is a three-day event located in the Entertainment Capital of the World, Las Vegas. Here is the trailer to get you amped for 2016.

• Held in New York, the Governors Ball is a festival celebrating a wide variety of music in addition to featuring a multitude of popular NYC restaurants and food trucks, as well as a slew of activities, such as a Silent Disco, ping pong, photo booths, and lawn games. Here is 2015 festival video made by a fan to show you around.

• Located in Chicago, Lollapalooza hosts more than 160,000 people over a two or three-day period. Here is their 2015 after movie.

• An eco-friendly festival, Outside Lands, in addition to music, has a variety of attractions that focus around food, wine, art, and being green. Here is a tour of the festival.

BOSTON

For the rest of you staying in the Boston area, here are a few of the many concerts to check out:

• Selena Gomez & DNCE at TD Garden (May 28)

• Chvrches at House of Blues Boston (June 3, 4)

• Florence + The Machine & Of Monsters and Men at Xfinity Center (June 7)

• Birdy at Paradise Rock Club (June 8)

• Twenty One Pilots at Agganis Arena (June 14, 15)

• Macklemore and Ryan Lewis at Agganis Arena (June 17)

• Weezer & Panic at the Disco at Xfinity Center (July 1)

• 5 Seconds of Summer at Xfinity Center (July 9)

• Pearl Jam at Fenway Park (August 5)

• Halsey at Agganis Arena (August 12)

Xandie Kuenning is the Career Editor at Her Campus and a graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelor's in International Affairs and minors in Journalism and Psychology. She is an avid traveler with a goal to join the Travelers' Century Club. When not gallivanting around the world, she can be found reading about fairytales or Eurasian politics, baking up a storm, or watching dangerous amounts of Netflix. Follow her on Instagram @AKing1917 and on Twitter @XKuenning.
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!