This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

If you haven’t heard of Stranger Things, I’m not sure where you’ve been, but now you are about to. Stranger Things, a Netflix original sci-fi/thriller series has gained a lot of popularity in the recent months. Personally, I believe all the hype is justified, because it is a great show.

The show is set in the 1980’s, and it revolves around a group of young kids who live in a quiet Indiana town. If you’ve ever seen Super 8, which is a fantastic movie by the way, Stranger Things has a very similar vibe. To put it quite literally, sci-fi and scary strange things start happening, and a thrilling plot forms: a young boy goes missing and an investigation begins to figure out where he is. The series weaves in some weird government activity, teenage romance, creepy looking things, a supernatural girl, and some highly coveted Eggo waffles.  

I don’t want to spoil much for anyone who still has yet to watch the series, so I’ll keep it at that.

If you are iffy about the scare factor, I still recommend that you try to at least watch the first episode. There are only eight episodes each that are roughly 45 minutes long, so it isn’t even that much scariness to sit through.

For some reference, I’ve never been someone that loves horror movies or watching anything scary, but this show pushed my boundaries a little without going too far. My advice is if you are scared easily, watch it during the day with friends.

Overall, I give Stranger Things a 10/10. I thought the cinematography was well done, the characters were unique, yet relatable, and the whole show is just creative.

So what are you waiting for? Grab an Eggo waffle and login to your Netflix account, or nag your friend for their account, so you can finally see what strange things you’ve been missing.