The Soundtrack to Your Halloweekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

With Hallow-eekend just around the corner, collegiettes are busy as bees trying to finalize their costumes and party plans for everyones’ favorite fall holiday. Whether you’re hosting a party, pre-game, or staying in to eat candy and watch scary movies, everyone needs a good Halloween playlist to celebrate over the next week. From spooky classics to Hallow-themed party jams, these tracks will be sure to add some haunted Halloween fun to whatever plans you have!

Ray Parker Jr. – Ghostbusters Theme Song
One of the best spooky movies of the 80’s, Halloween wouldn’t be complete without some Ghostbusters!

Basic Physics & D.Veloped – Turning Tricks For Treats
Last year’s Halloween mashup from remix superstars Basic Physics and DJ D.Veloped is still just as hot this October as it was in 2011.

Stevie Wonder – Superstition
Another Halloween classic, ‘Superstition’ is a must-play at any Halloween gathering

Rihanna – Disturbia
A bit of a throwback to old Rihanna, ‘Disturbia’ is a killer dance track perfect for a Halloween party.

Bobby Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers – Monster Mash
A childhood classic that’ll bring you back to years of trick or treating and bobbing for apples.

[pagebreak]
Lil’ Wayne – Every Day is Halloween
What party would be complete without some Lil’ Wayne? Throw on this Halloween jam for an instant energy-booster.

Rockwell – Somebody’s Watching Me
Another great throwback jam, ‘Somebody’s Watching Me’ is both fun and spooky at the same time.

Deadmau5 – Ghosts n’ Stuff
Not really a Halloween song, but hey, it has ‘ghosts’ in the title, so you have every right to blast some Deadmau5!

Warren Zevon – Werewolves in London
Like the ‘Monster Mash,’ ‘Werewolves in London’ will transport you back in time and make everyone want to sing along.

Michael Jackson – Thriller
Possibly the ultimate Halloween song to top all other Halloween songs, ‘Thriller’ is a must-play no matter where you are this Halloween.

Got a song you think should be played this Halloween? Let us know in the comments section below!

Ally is a fifth-year graphic design major at Northeastern University from Portland, Maine. She also works with the Her Campus Northeastern team as the branch’s PR & Social Media Chair, as well as a designer and contributing writer. A former design intern for the Boston Bruins, Her many passions include an affinity for all four Boston sports teams, as well as a love for skiing, a sport that she fell in love with at the age of two. Ally also volunteers as a campus tour guide at Northeastern and is a dedicated fan of Northeastern ice hockey.