This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

With the leaves changing and the summer breeze quickly turning cold, it’s time to curate your new Spotify (or Apple Music) playlist for the fall. Whether you’re reminiscing in your summer memories or looking forward to getting cozy, follow this list for some musical inspiration. To make things easier, be sure to read through until the end to access this article’s Spotify playlist.

“Motion Sickness” – Phoebe Bridgers

Best known as one of Phoebe Bridgers’ most played songs on Spotify, “Motion Sickness” and its guitar intro will transport you right into her fanbase. This was one of the first songs I ever listened to by her, and it immediately made me fall in love with the rest of her discography. The song radiates a sense of understated nostalgia through Bridgers’ tone. The shakiness of her voice goes hand in hand with the title, giving off feelings of crazy, new beginnings.

“Daydream” – The Aces

This up and coming girl band straight from Utah will have you feeling good with their song, “Daydream.”  Throw this on your queue while you’re walking through campus on a cool fall day.  This will get you excited for the early parts of fall, when the leaves change color and the air gets crisper. 

“7 Summers” – Morgan Wallen

If you’re feeling a bit nostalgic for summer, this song will bring you back to a backyard campfire.  Morgan Wallen’s “7 Summers” is perfect for a small get together with your friends around the campfire in summer or autumn.

“Remember When” – Wallows

One of Wallows’ more underrated songs, this short one will give you a burst of energy.  Put this in your room or apartment, and you’ll feel like you’re at a concert with your best friends.

“Sweet Disposition” – The Temper Trap

This 2000’s song by The Temper Trap will help you embark on something new.  With its strong vocals, it gives off vibes of encouragement and hope as we enter midterms season.

“sharing you” – LANY

Off their new album mama’s boy, this laid back track will be a nice addition to your playlist. If you’re staying in on a chill fall night, play this as you get cozied up.

“Bags” – Clairo

With summer fully gone, this track will help you move on from anything you’ve been meaning to let go.  Off her recent studio album, Immunity, the unique indie sounds of the song goes perfectly with Clairo’s steady tone. 

“Come Home Now” – Day Wave

The warm guitar melody will put you exactly in the fall feels. As the weeks count down until Thanksgiving and you prepare to go home, this song will give you the same comforting feeling as a Thanksgiving feast with your family.

“That I Miss You” – Vansire

If you’re not a huge fan of lo-fi music when you’re studying, this song might just do the trick.  With its bass and synth rhythm, it’s lo-fi-like without being too aggressive.  It’s a perfect addition to good studying vibes.

“More Than My Hometown” – Morgan Wallen

Whether you’re a country fan or not, Wallen’s “More Than My Hometown” will cure your homesickness instantly.  The combination of guitar and its rhythm will bring you comfort the same way home does.

If you want easy access to this list of songs, be sure to check out this Spotify playlist.  If you want more recommendations, don’t be afraid to follow me on Spotify @kate.mak.

Katrina Makayan

Northeastern '23

Katrina is a current second-year Journalism student minoring in International Affairs. Alongside writing for HerCampus, she writes for the Global Observer. On her free time, she loves to make new Spotify playlists and write poetry. She's also down for night drives and the occasional hike.