Siobhan O’Dwyer: Model Behavior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Siobhán O’Dwyer (“It’s pronounced ‘Shuh-vahn,’ like in Petey Pablo’s Freek-a-Leek… or you can just call me Shiv”)
Major: Pharmacy
Hometown: Reppin’ the NY capital city–Albany, New York.
Most likely found: Out on the roof top terrace of Curry (“The closer to the sun, the better!”)

Claim to fame: Representing Her Campus Northeastern as the newest face of Ann Taylor. Well not exactly, but soon you can see her on AnnTaylor.com! Siobhán was recently picked as one of five NU girls to be featured in Ann Taylor’s online look book. The site features student models from campuses all over the country, offering fashion inspiration and career advice for collegiettes entering the job market.

Favorite thing about the photo shoot: The rain literally put a damper on the day, but we used umbrellas to take fun pictures outside. It made the pictures seem more realistic for a college student in Boston. We all know it can be a struggle to stay stylish in rain boots!

Previous modeling experience: I used to work for Abercrombie & Fitch, and I was featured in the store’s look book. But every single model had to wear jeans and a tank top, so it wasn’t exactly about standing out and taking fashion risks. The photo shoot with Ann Taylor was great because I got to pick my own clothes and take photos all around campus.

Biggest fashion mistake: Wearing Uggs with a denim miniskirt, crimping my hair, or when I wore my white pharmacy lab coat and heels for Halloween last year… I swear I’m learning from my mistakes!

Fashion idols: Mischa Barton during The OC days. She’s a train wreck now, but I’ll always love Marissa Cooper.

Fashion pet peeves: A too-short shirt with leggings. A wise of friend of mine once said, “leggings are not pants.”

Dream modeling gig: Don’t tell my mom, but definitely the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. I’m obsessed with the Angels–I want wings! 

I'm a 20 something journalism major at Northeastern University and Campus Correspondent for HerCampus NU. When I'm not writing, I'm working in public relations and am the PR and Promotions Director for WRBB Radio 104.9FM Northeastern's Radio Station and the Public Relations Director for my sorority.