Sidewalk Catwalk: Kelly Karagias

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Many refer to her as the “girl with the crazy shoes” or “hipster with the platforms,” but many don’t know Kelly Karagias (pronounced like courageous) by name. As her roommate, I wanted to get a closer look into her wardrobe and find out where this husky finds her style inspiration.

“I have about thirty pairs of shoes that I brought to school, but I have a lot more back home. My favorite brand of shoes is Jeffrey Campbell. His shoes are crazy yet very functional; I love that! Even if I’m wearing four inch leather platforms, I am comfortable and able to do anything,” said Karagias. Kelly gets her fashion inspiration from publications such as Nylon Magazine and from local street style throughout Boston and New York City. This fashionista is hard to miss around campus. On a normal day, she sports Jeffrey Campbell platforms (or her favorite black high tops), skinny high-rise jeans, a muscle tank, and a flannel. This courageous husky is anything but conventional and a showstopper at all points of the day.

Elise Borja

Northeastern

Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!