The Search for Co-op, As Told by Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Co-op search is like applying to colleges all over again. The options are overwhelming, competition is high and everyone is obsessed over their number one choice. As exciting as it is (as well as good practice for post-grad), it is also an emotional rollercoaster. One second you feel like a failure because you didn’t get an offer and the next you are jumping up and down about an interview at a different firm that you loved just as much. Considering the ups and downs, what better way to describe your feelings other than Grey’s Anatomy, where Shonda Rhimes is notorious for exciting fans and subsequently making them ugly cry in the course of a 45 minute episode.

How you feel after your first meeting with your advisor for the semester where you discuss your career GOALS:

But then…trying to navigate NEUCool:

Preparing your social media pages before resumes go out:

Wondering when it is socially acceptable to eat the free pizza, Boloco, or other refreshments provided at all of the on campus company presentations:

How you feel when trying to network properly:

Channeling your inner Cristina Yang before your interviews:

Wishing you could really write this in your thank you emails:

If you don’t get your first choice interview and your friends walk on eggshells around you for a week:

How you feel when all of your friends and classmates are accepting offers and you are still looking for the right fit:

When it’s midterm season and you are still interviewing and become slightly dramatic about your situation:

Deciding to deal to your stress like an adult clearly would:

What you want to say to that kid in your class who is humble bragging about his or her amazing offer:

When you decide to stop wallowing, learn from your setbacks and look at other great opportunities:

When you come out of an interview knowing you killed it: 

When your phone rings with the zip code of a company you really liked:

On your first day at the offer you accepted:

Just remember, there are many good fits for everyone and, wherever you end up, you’ll be awesome

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (:
Emily Feltault

Northeastern

Hi my name is Emily Feltault and I am a rising sophomore at Northeastern University! I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for my chapter and am excited to get started!!