This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

September 22nd might mark the first day of fall, but it also means a new season full of emotional, heart-wrenching albums for “Sad Girl Fall,” alongside the usual vibrant hits. There are a lot of things to look forward to by both up-and-coming artists and experienced favorites. Personally, new music Fridays are a joyful moment for me in the midst of focusing on classes; they serve as a moment to pause and appreciate talented creators and artists.

Here, is a short list of albums to pre-save on Spotify and Apple Music. Prepare to have them on repeat and find some new favorites.

Kelsea Ballerini, “Subject to Change”

While rooted in country, her album featuring “HEARTFIRST” and “WHAT I HAVE” is enjoyable to viewers across multiple genres including pop. Her last album, “kelsea,” was focused a lot more on emotional experiences. This one expresses her exciting emotions of love and passion and

It was released on September 23rd.

5 Seconds of Summer, “5SOS5”

Coming off the heels of their 10th anniversary, the Australian band just dropped their fifth album – appropriately titled “5SOS5.” The band has described this album as their best music yet and fans are highly anticipating the drop after months of promo. “5SOS5” has a solid mix of emotional tracks, much like the single “Older” which was co-written by Luke Hemmings and his fiancé Sierra Deaton, and classic 5sos upbeat hits.

It was released on September 23rd.

The 1975, “Being Funny In A Foreign Language”

The 1975 is releasing their fifth album clocking in at 11 tracks, starting with a self-titled song similar to their past 4 albums. They will follow the release with a tour across America and Europe. Their fanbase has resurfaced over the past few months as Gen Z has taken a liking more recently to their work.

It will be released on October 14th.

Taylor Swift, “Midnights”

Dropping a surprise announcement at the VMA’s to “Meet [her] at Midnight,” Taylor Swift chronicles 13 sleepless nights of her life in her new album. After fans speculated the release of new re-recordings of her previous albums, she threw a spin on the predictions and instead will bring us entirely new songs. Her 10th album is bound to be memorable and impactful for all listeners who will see what Taylor’s world is like and get a look into her head.

It will be released on October 21st.

Ella Jane, “Marginalia

In her sophomore album, Boston native Ella Jane writes her heart out with songs of love, heartbreak, and emotion. She became well known with her song “nothing else i could do” which was featured in Netflix’s “Heartstopper” and helped her garner attention all over TikTok. She will be coming to Boston for two nights for her new album tour in October.

It will be released on October 28th.

Louis Tomlinson, “Faith In the Future”

The former One Direction singer is coming  out with a new album, writing on Instagram that he is making “the music [he wants] to make.” His vocals shine through on the released single, “Bigger Than Me” and we can anticipate more songs with strong instrumentation and amplified tracks.

It will be released on November 11th.

Sarah Popeck

Northeastern

Hi! My name is Sarah and I am a first-year Data Science/Journalism major from Long Island, New York. I am an avid music lover and musician; you can always find me at concerts. I love writing as a form of relief and getting to speak all of the thoughts racing through my brain, and it's my form of rambling!